It is very telling.
(02-16-2012, 05:18 PM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote:
(02-16-2012, 05:17 PM)Old Salt Wrote: Gottimus
Should I post what I sent you?
Or is that too much?
Please do.
It is very telling.
Ok

Here is a quote from Fr Malchi Martins "Hostage to the Devil" about one of the exorcisms [Richard/Rita] [supposedly the real deal]:

"...tongue protruded, quivering on a stream of gray foam bubbles. The whole face was furrowed in irregular lines, as Richard/Rita broke into peals of laughter. Great buffeting gusts of mocking, jeering, Schadenfreude laughter. Laughter pouring from a belly of amused scorn and contemptuous hate.
In a fraction of a second Gerald understood. The Girl-Fixer, invisible to his eyes, was on him, two claws clutching at his middle. His assistants heard the raucous laughter. They held their ears. But Gerald's agony they could not know. All they saw were Gerald's
* Richard O. is a transsexual. In talking about his life before his operation, I refer to him as Richard O. or simply as Richard. Afterwards, until his exorcism is completed, he is referred to as Richard/Rita. In conversation, Father Gerald frequently referred to him as R/R. With Richard O.'s permission, I refer to him throughout this narrative with the masculine pronouns-he, his, him. Today he calls himself simply Richard O. sudden, violent spasms backward and forward "as if his middle was caught in a vise"; then the screeching shredding of his cassock and clothes, leaving him naked from chest to ankles. After that, all details escaped them in the violent jerkings and writhings of his body.
Gerald felt one claw was now totally sunk in his rectum. Another claw held his genitals, stretching his scrotum away from his penis, jerking at him brutally. Both claws were stiff, cutting like the jagged edge of a tin can, driving deeper and deeper, impaling him. He reeled away from the couch where Richard/Rita lay laughing, laughing, laughing, kicking the air and thumping the couch with clenched fists in deafening bursts of merriment."
(02-16-2012, 02:38 PM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote:
(02-16-2012, 02:30 PM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote: Here is question: Can the devil take your life? I mean if a person does rejects the devil. Can he take a human's life on a whim?
Anyone?

If it's God's will.  Just like we can take our own life, technically.  The devil, I'm sure, could kill us-- from fright if nothing else.  But not unless God allows it. 
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(02-16-2012, 05:33 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote:
(02-16-2012, 02:38 PM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote:
(02-16-2012, 02:30 PM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote: Here is question: Can the devil take your life? I mean if a person does rejects the devil. Can he take a human's life on a whim?
Anyone?

If it's God's will.  Just like we can take our own life, technically.  The devil, I'm sure, could kill us-- from fright if nothing else.  But not unless God allows it. 
Or physically. as we have heard.
If God allows it
(02-16-2012, 02:39 PM)SouthpawLink Wrote: What think you of this quote?

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist" (Verbal, The Usual Suspects, 1995).  This quote is essentially repeated in End of Days (Fr. Kovak: "Satan's greatest trick was convincing the world he doesn't exist"; 1999).

Well, seeing as the quote is in my sig line, I agree with it one hundred percent...  :grin: