USA as Catholic
I was listening to the 2011 Angelus Confrence on the Kingship of Christ.

I started then to wonder what would have to be the changes to the US Government in detail If it were to recognize the Reign of Christ.

Explain to me in detail changes to the constitution, government branches, how to treat the Southern baptists, Congress, running of courts, schools, colleges, economy, taxation,government at municipal level

can someone in detail explain to me the changes to be made.

This is only hypothetical. I hope it happens one day.

Lets have a lively conversation on this possible blueprints, essentials in what would have to be worked out etc. The role of Walmart and big box stores in the economy, postal service etc
Hi:  Great question.  I do not believe many changes would be required.  Rather, an adjustment of understanding would be required.  Let's assume that traditional Catholics somehow became a numerical majority all across the country.  The first thing they would need to do is pass an amendment repealing the 1st Amendment establishment clause.  A new amendment would need to be written permitting the establishment of the Catholic Church as the established Church of the federal government, but with a provision clarifying that the former protections of the 1st Amendment still applied to the states as they did prior to 1861.  This would permit each state to establish a state church.  This alone would resolve many of your questions in the second paragraph.  Protestants would be free to establish a church in the states where they are in the majority.  The due process clause of the 5th and 14th Amendments would continue to protect Protestants' and Catholics' ability to participate in the governments of their states.  This would, in practice, possibly lead to a segregation of Protestants to Protestant states, and Catholics to Catholic ones.  Eventually, the federal government might need to permit them to secede.  The equal protection clause of the 14th Amendment, in the interim, would still protect the general right to worship wherever one was within the US.

Legally, those are the main things that would need to be done.  The "atheisizataion" of the US has largely been negative, by judicial fiats that forbid the enforcement of existing laws, not by democratic expression of the majority's political preference.  Remove the court's ability to rationalize their atheist decisions, and the will of the people, Catholic and Protestant, will restore the US to its rightful place among Christian nations. 

(02-17-2012, 08:32 PM)Warrenton Wrote: Hi:  Great question.  I do not believe many changes would be required.  Rather, an adjustment of understanding would be required.  Let's assume that traditional Catholics somehow became a numerical majority all across the country.  The first thing they would need to do is pass an amendment repealing the 1st Amendment establishment clause.  A new amendment would need to be written permitting the establishment of the Catholic Church as the established Church of the federal government, but with a provision clarifying that the former protections of the 1st Amendment still applied to the states as they did prior to 1861.  This would permit each state to establish a state church.  This alone would resolve many of your questions in the second paragraph.  Protestants would be free to establish a church in the states where they are in the majority.  The due process clause of the 5th and 14th Amendments would continue to protect Protestants' and Catholics' ability to participate in the governments of their states.  This would, in practice, possibly lead to a segregation of Protestants to Protestant states, and Catholics to Catholic ones.  Eventually, the federal government might need to permit them to secede.  The equal protection clause of the 14th Amendment, in the interim, would still protect the general right to worship wherever one was within the US.

Legally, those are the main things that would need to be done.  The "atheisizataion" of the US has largely been negative, by judicial fiats that forbid the enforcement of existing laws, not by democratic expression of the majority's political preference.  Remove the court's ability to rationalize their atheist decisions, and the will of the people, Catholic and Protestant, will restore the US to its rightful place among Christian nations. 
what about immigration. 

You are right Warrenton.  Would there be Mass prior to congressional proceedings?
Immigration would probably begin to take care of itself pretty quickly, since the whole tenor of the country would change.  With the return of usury laws, the economy would "cool" and with the gradual shrinking of the welfare state the need for masses of unskilled workers would abate.  Many present leaders of society now would simply take their cash and go.  They would not hang around and watch their power erode.  Those are the same people driving immigration now, so.

In a Catholic country, there would not be any rule "demanding" deCatholicising, like there are rules now basically requiring "de Europeanizing" the ethnicity of the country.  Immigration would reduce to those people who want to become Catholic, or at least Christian, or are willing to live with more or less permanent restrictions on their right of political expression and participation.

I would expect that the legislative session would commence with a mass at the Shrine of the Immaculate Conception.  I would not expect every government act or debate to begin with mass, though.  The larger impact on the society would not result from congressmen and women going to mass before the opening session, but rather from the effect of a Catholic faith being allowed to flourish freely.  Imagine almost all of the people getting a week off for Christmas and Easter.  The amount of time men and women could spend with their families would make them much happier and healthier.    Now, our president says that the happiness of the citizens is paramount.  But most of what he does is exactly opposed to that.  The contradiction makes people confused.  A Catholic state would be better positioned to teach that politics are not the most important thing on earth, and slowly, sanity would start to return with the reduction in state sponsored hypocrisy.
Not possible. Because you'd need a monarchy  for that. The USA isn't a monarchy. It's the product of Protestant Masons.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
USA as Catholic?  Most of the Protestants that still say that the Catholic Faith is the whore of Babylon and the Pope is the antichrist originate in the US.  You have a lot of converting to do before you see a Catholic USA. 
(02-20-2012, 03:28 AM)mikemac Wrote: USA as Catholic?  Most of the Protestants that still say that the Catholic Faith is the whore of Babylon and the Pope is the antichrist originate in the US.  You have a lot of converting to do before you see a Catholic USA.   
And still you would have to discard the constitution and many of its laws.
I would be a completely different country.

(02-20-2012, 04:04 AM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote:
(02-20-2012, 03:28 AM)mikemac Wrote: USA as Catholic?  Most of the Protestants that still say that the Catholic Faith is the whore of Babylon and the Pope is the antichrist originate in the US.  You have a lot of converting to do before you see a Catholic USA.   
And still you would have to discard the constitution and many of its laws.
I would be a completely different country.

One would need to amend the constitution, but this has been done before.  The USA would still be the USA, just as it was after the constitution was fundamentally re-formed after the Civil War.  The country is the land.  The idea that a country is simply the writ of the rulers accepted by a certain people is a poisonous lie.