Broke out with hives - Amoxicillin allergy
Even though it might make you feel like a kid or old man, get a medical alert bracelet so that medical personnel can know even when you're unconscious.
I know of a diabetic man that works A Correctional facility, he has a tattoo of a syringe on his forearm with the words Diabetic Type 1.

(02-19-2012, 04:12 PM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote: I know of a diabetic man that works A Correctional facility, he has a tattoo of a syringe on his forearm with the words Diabetic Type 1.

I've considered having my blood type tattooed. But I thought about it and figured that if I lost that much blood it would be my time to go anyway. That doesn't stop me from donating blood though.

I tell you, it's a great feeling to give your blood on Monday and know that on Wednesday your blood will enter the AOR (Area of Responsibility - Afghanistan) and be given to a wounded warrior, thereby saving his life. To think that I'm helping a brother live longer, be there for his wife and children, and have another chance at being converted makes me tear up.
(02-19-2012, 04:34 PM)Neo-Floriano Wrote: I've considered having my blood type tattooed. But I thought about it and figured that if I lost that much blood it would be my time to go anyway. That doesn't stop me from donating blood though.

I tell you, it's a great feeling to give your blood on Monday and know that on Wednesday your blood will enter the AOR (Area of Responsibility - Afghanistan) and be given to a wounded warrior, thereby saving his life. To think that I'm helping a brother live longer, be there for his wife and children, and have another chance at being converted makes me tear up.
That is very kind of you. That should help to convert some of the 80% of the soldiers the constitute the US Armed forces.
But I don't think the feldnurse will tell the wounded warrior: "This blood was donated by a Catholic. Because he wants you to know about the One True Faith".
Yeah, I doubt it.
But, still very noble of you!

(02-19-2012, 05:08 PM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote:
(02-19-2012, 04:34 PM)Neo-Floriano Wrote: I've considered having my blood type tattooed. But I thought about it and figured that if I lost that much blood it would be my time to go anyway. That doesn't stop me from donating blood though.

That is very kind of you. That should help to convert some of the 80% of the soldiers the constitute the US Armed forces.
But I don't think the feldnurse will tell the wounded warrior: "This blood was donated by a Catholic. Because he wants you to know about the One True Faith".
Yeah, I doubt it.
But, still very noble of you!

Thank you. I know that the field nurse isn't telling them that so I pray that whoever receives my blood will use his extra lease on life to become Catholic.
Prior to donating blood try this:

Go to Church and ask the priest to bless your blood while its still in you body, that who ever handles or receives your blood be converted.

Will that be allowed?
(02-19-2012, 08:30 PM)Adam_Michael Wrote: Prior to donating blood try this:

Go to Church and ask the priest to bless your blood while its still in you body, that who ever handles or receives your blood be converted.

Will that be allowed?
yeah....
(02-19-2012, 04:12 PM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote: I know of a diabetic man that works A Correctional facility, he has a tattoo of a syringe on his forearm with the words Diabetic Type 1.

MOOOOOOOOOOO
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(02-19-2012, 09:57 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote:

MOOOOOOOOOOO
lol
I had Panda Express tonight and could feel another reaction coming. Thankfully, when my head starts itching I pop 2 Benadryl. I really need to see an allergist.