Lawrence Welks show Freemaonsry
My mom had the Lawrence Welks show on, and just happened to catch a song on the 1966 Mardi Gras episode, that compelled - no, forced - me to break my most holy fast from FE. 

Its a song about.... the brotherhood of man!  They sing about a "noble" and "benevolent" brotherhood of man, in which your membership is lifelong.  Its masonic motifs were glaringly obvious.  "Benevolent":  the Benevolent Order of Elks, and "noble is used for another masonic sub-group, the Shriners, and your membership in the masons is lifelong (well, you can resign your membership, but lets just say its discouraged.)  And the brotherhood of man idea is obvious.

If anyone can find this episode for me, please share here. :)
The idea that Lawrence Welk promoted Freemasonry 50 years ago is the smallest problem with this post.
I doubt Lawrence Welk every promoted Freemasonry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_Welk
Quote:A devout, life-long Roman Catholic, Welk was a daily communicant, which is corroborated in numerous biographies, by his autobiography and by his family and his many staff, friends and associates throughout the years

I did a youtube search. There are lots of Lawrence Welk show clips, but absolutely nothing showed that incorporated the key words 'noble' 'benevolent' or 'brotherhood of man'.
(02-18-2012, 09:50 PM)moneil Wrote: I doubt Lawrence Welk every promoted Freemasonry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_Welk
Quote:A devout, life-long Roman Catholic, Welk was a daily communicant, which is corroborated in numerous biographies, by his autobiography and by his family and his many staff, friends and associates throughout the years

Yes, yes, yes.  I've read his biographies and it is clear that Lawrence Welk was a devout Catholic all of his li
My tie is 1.5 inches wide and I'm drinking a cup of Sanka.  However, I got culture.

Your link is my command, Brothers:

The film/show is How to Succeed in Business Without Even Trying. 
Funny you should mention the Lawrence Welk Show. I was watching it with my grandma the other day. I think it was Italian day or something. I was REALLY offended with the stereotyping and the huge German girl dancing with the short Italian men.

I'm surprised that show was even allowed to be on the air.  :realmad: :angrywom: :censored:
Too much 30 Rock, but this is the only version worth watching.

(02-19-2012, 02:13 AM)Iolanthe Wrote: I'm surprised that show was even allowed to be on the air.  :realmad: :angrywom: :censored:

It went off the air in 1971. Nobody then even knew what the liberal pc you're invoking was, and no one would have given a damn if we had. :LOL:
(02-19-2012, 02:35 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(02-19-2012, 02:13 AM)Iolanthe Wrote: I'm surprised that show was even allowed to be on the air.  :realmad: :angrywom: :censored:

It went off the air in 1971. Nobody then even knew what the liberal pc you're invoking was, and no one would have given a damn if we had. :LOL:

I'm only joking.  :grin: