Lawrence Welks show Freemaonsry
Somewhere in this song there must surely be a subliminal satanic message, but I haven't pinpointed it yet. I mean, look at the title !

[video=youtube]n8bmXG4MtPI[/video]

:LOL:
First, I am not attacking Lawrence Welk; I haven't heard a bad thing about him yet.  What I am saying is I think this song had a very deep masonic undertone.  How do you think the masons have created their world order anyway, by shouting from the rooftops?  No.  by subtle things, like an innocent song.  I don't get it: Mith can say something about not trusting any peace plan that doesn't mention Christ (not attacking Mith here either), but I point out something about the "brotherhood of man" and get ridiculed!
(02-18-2012, 09:26 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: The idea that Lawrence Welk promoted Freemasonry 50 years ago is the smallest problem with this post.

Hear, hear!
Actually, having listened to the song several times and read the lyrics, I think the lyricist, far from promoting Freemasonry, is dismissing it and it's allied groups as silly and unimportant.  Notice how he equates membership in the Elks and Shriners with having a Diner's Club card.

Now, you may join the Elks, my friend,
And I may join the Shriners;
And other men may carry cards
As members of the Diners.

Still others wear a golden key
Or small Greek letter pin;
But I have learned there's one great club
That all of us are in.

There is a Brotherhood of Man,
A Benevolent Brotherhood of Man,
A noble tie that binds
All human hearts and minds
Into one Brotherhood of Man.
(02-19-2012, 07:06 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Actually, having listened to the song several times and read the lyrics, I think the lyricist, far from promoting Freemasonry, is dismissing it and it's allied groups as silly and unimportant.  Notice how he equates membership in the Elks and Shriners with having a Diner's Club card.

That all of us are in.

A noble tie that binds

The song you posted: the last part you posted was the chorus for the one I heard.  Unless there was some editing done when it was re-aired, or the only played an abbreviated part.
(02-19-2012, 08:00 PM)drummerboy Wrote: The song you posted: the last part you posted was the chorus for the one I heard.  Unless there was some editing done when it was re-aired, or the only played an abbreviated part.

Of course.  The musical, "How to Succeed in Business" was a huge hit.  It is natural for Lawrence Welk to have had one of the numbers performed on his tv show.  The plot concerns a young man who starts as a window washer at a NYC office and works his way up to being president of the company, with the assistance of a "self help book" that offers all manner of cynical advice, in a few short weeks. It's a farce and send up of corporate America.  Another of it's well known songs is "A secratary is not a toy."  But "Brotherhood of Man" is the climactic number of the show.  The point of the show is that success in business has nothing to do with talent or work ethic, and everything to to with manipulating office politics and currying favor with the boss.

(02-19-2012, 08:00 PM)drummerboy Wrote:
(02-19-2012, 07:06 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Actually, having listened to the song several times and read the lyrics, I think the lyricist, far from promoting Freemasonry, is dismissing it and it's allied groups as silly and unimportant.  Notice how he equates membership in the Elks and Shriners with having a Diner's Club card.

That all of us are in.

A noble tie that binds

The song you posted: the last part you posted was the chorus for the one I heard.  Unless there was some editing done when it was re-aired, or the only played an abbreviated part.

You can hear the song on youtube. A search for 'lyrics brotherhood of man'  on google will find the lyrics. As I said, to me at least, it seems like the lyricist is mocking Freemasonry.
I searched youtube before posting this and found nothing.  I'll look again.
There was nothing freemasonic about Mr Welk.

The Lawrence Welk show was one of the few TV shows we were allowed to watch during the 1970's
My Mom and I used to watch it together and we really enjoyed the tapdancing of Duncan.

Wonderful program.
(02-20-2012, 11:18 AM)drummerboy Wrote: I searched youtube before posting this and found nothing.  I'll look again.

I posted the link on page one of this thread.  Enjoy.  It's from the film adaptation of the Broadway musical, made around 1960.