Lawrence Welks show Freemaonsry
(02-20-2012, 12:17 PM)Old Salt Wrote: There was nothing freemasonic about Mr Welk.

The Lawrence Welk show was one of the few TV shows we were allowed to watch during the 1970's
My Mom and I used to watch it together and we really enjoyed the tapdancing of Duncan.
Wonderful program.

My favorite was the Bubble Machine! 
More trad paranoia.
(02-20-2012, 04:34 PM)OldMan Wrote: More trad paranoia.

How is this paranoid?  I saw a clip/song from a show that really smelt of masonry, and knowing the behavior and habits of masons, thought this was a legitimate concern.  So...I posted it here.  Others responded, and I think it safe to say that we all learnt something.  If I kept on saying Lawrence Welk was a secret mason, than yes, label me paranoid, but if you have nothing good to say....
(02-20-2012, 05:49 PM)drummerboy Wrote:

How is this paranoid?  I saw a clip/song from a show that really smelt of masonry, and knowing the behavior and habits of masons, thought this was a legitimate concern.  So...I posted it here.  Others responded, and I think it safe to say that we all learnt something.  If I kept on saying Lawrence Welk was a secret mason, than yes, label me paranoid, but if you have nothing good to say....

The more important question might be; "Why was William Lennon murdered in 1969?" Could it have been because he was a Catholic and the "pseudo-Catholic" Masonic agent Lawrence Welk was bitter over his (Lennon's) daughters leaving the show? We will never know!
(02-20-2012, 05:49 PM)drummerboy Wrote:

Wait.  You posted this seriously?  I thought this was a joke from the get-go.  You were serious??  Seriously???
Yes, I was serious.  Before posting this, I didn't know Lawrence Welk was a devout Catholic, and I saw a song that seemed very masonic.  But, since then, I have learnt otherwise.  "Wisdom will be credited to the fool who questions." :tiphat:
(02-20-2012, 09:28 PM)drummerboy Wrote: Yes, I was serious.  Before posting this, I didn't know Lawrence Welk was a devout Catholic, and I saw a song that seemed very masonic.  But, since then, I have learnt otherwise.  "Wisdom will be credited to the fool who questions." :tiphat:

It was reasonable enough. Those really were masonic words and the idea of slipping them into popular entertainment is not new.  Mozart's opera The Magic Flute is full of masonic symbolism.

I'm glad you started this thread.  I didn't know that Lawrence Welk was a devout Catholic and that was a cool thing to find out.
(02-20-2012, 11:10 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(02-20-2012, 09:28 PM)drummerboy Wrote: Yes, I was serious.  Before posting this, I didn't know Lawrence Welk was a devout Catholic, and I saw a song that seemed very masonic.  But, since then, I have learnt otherwise.  "Wisdom will be credited to the fool who questions." :tiphat:

It was reasonable enough. Those really were masonic words and the idea of slipping them into popular entertainment is not new.  Mozart's opera The Magic Flute is full of masonic symbolism.

Whitney Houston, Queen of the Night, and The Magic Flute. :tiphat:

Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen