Trads Make Their Own Reps
What WRC, Aragon and Jayne said. I am always amazed at the difference between many of the Trads I meet on the 'net and those I know IRL.
(02-19-2012, 10:15 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: What WRC, Aragon and Jayne said. I am always amazed at the difference between many of the Trads I meet on the 'net and those I know IRL.

Have you met Devoted Knuckles in person? I'll be he's the same.
(02-19-2012, 10:21 PM)Heinrich Wrote:
(02-19-2012, 10:15 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: What WRC, Aragon and Jayne said. I am always amazed at the difference between many of the Trads I meet on the 'net and those I know IRL.

No and you're probably right on that individual! :LOL:

Where is DK!?
(02-19-2012, 10:41 PM)Aragon Wrote:

Where is DK!?

He may have realized that this place was part of the demonic influence in his life, and has thus renounced it.
(02-19-2012, 10:44 PM)alphonsusjr Wrote:
(02-19-2012, 10:41 PM)Aragon Wrote:

Where is DK!?

He may have realized that this place was part of the demonic influence in his life, and has thus renounced it.

You used to post here under the name Jitpring, right?
Truth is uncomfortable to some. The TLM is absolute Truth.
To some people, knowing the truth and living your life by this truth, is regarded as by some as judgmental, uncharitable, intolerable, unkind, closed to the possibility of having an "open mind", being self-righteous etc. (as the op stated).
We follow the teachings of the Catholic Church. We are not hypocrites.
We bicker about personal opinions and superficial things. Not about Church teaching.

MANY people in the NO are hypocrites. One example: Contraception.
In our "circle" there is no differing opinion between us on that topic.

Talk to the NOers about that topic and then tell me about disagreements and self-righteousness.

One main difference of "opinion" between the "trads" in the forums is the Papacy.
Whenever it comes up sublimely or full guns blazing like yesterdays thread in the main forum when a Sede was promoting Sedevacantism straight out. He even started a ALL CAPS THREAD. These people try to make Catholics second guess the promise Christ gave us in regards to His Church.
(I put in quotes "opinion", because sedes think it is of personal opinion to reject the papacy. BUT for Catholics, Pope Benedict XVI is not an opinion. He is The Pope.) The more Catholics leave the One True Faith, the less work the diablo has to do except fill in more reservations spots throughout hell.

Thank God the forum owner banned that person and immediately eradicated that thread.
(02-19-2012, 08:55 PM)JayneK Wrote: In many cases, people in one of these categories do not recognize those in other categories as Catholic.

:eyeroll:
(02-20-2012, 03:50 AM)piabee Wrote:
(02-19-2012, 08:55 PM)JayneK Wrote: In many cases, people in one of these categories do not recognize those in other categories as Catholic.

:eyeroll:

Yes, that is true. Very strange phenomenon, because this "Catholic or not a Catholic" is something that occurs online only, it seems to me.
In Traddie chapels around the world I have never personally encountered this, but only heard stories about a couple of places. In real life, I bet this almost doesn't happen.

However, I am under the impression that there is a lot of unnecessary Sede-bashing quite often. I do not share their view, but the fact they that have that view doesn't invalidate their Catholicity, does it? Followers of a false Pope in earlier times became saints, in spite of believing that the wrong man was Pope. Sedes generally do not deny the principle of the Papacy, do they?
One thing is to ban propagating the thesis here, which is totally at the discretion of the Forum Owner, but equating them with heretics, schismatics and such really isn't necessary. It sometimes sounds like they are the Great Evil.

(02-20-2012, 06:21 AM)Varus Wrote: Yes, that is true. Very strange phenomenon, because this "Catholic or not a Catholic" is something that occurs online only, it seems to me.
In Traddie chapels around the world I have never personally encountered this, but only heard stories about a couple of places. In real life, I bet this almost doesn't happen.
I don't see it happening as often as it is said to happen. Many of these stereotypes come from a a relative handful of cases that are used to generalize the whole. This is a fault pertaining to fallen mankind; it is not unique to traditional Catholicism. Naturally, however, the smallness of traditional Catholicism as a group means that the problem is going to appear disproportionately large.
Quote:However, I am under the impression that there is a lot of unnecessary Sede-bashing quite often.
There didn't used to be (at least not that I noticed), but it seems to have become a recent trend. It is not always the case, but this is often done as a way to assert intellectual superiority of others and to justify one's own opinion in one's own mind. Some people need to convince themselves they are right by telling themselves they are right with their own opinions that they are right. They think out these problems on the forum in order to cement them into their own minds. My advice is to try to ignore it as much as you can. The real problems in the Church are not caused by sedevacantism. The real problems in the Church are caused by Modernists. They are the cause; sedevacantists are just a symptom. That one would spend so much time pontificating against sedevacantism rather than addressing the reason they exist in the first place says a great deal about such a person.
Quote: I do not share their view, but the fact they that have that view doesn't invalidate their Catholicity, does it?

Of course not.
Quote:"Finally, one cannot consider as schismatics those who refuse to obey the Roman Pontiff because they would hold his person suspect or, because of widespread rumours, doubtfully elected (as happened after the election of Urban VI) or who would resist him as a civil authority and not as pastor of the Church."

Wernz-Vidal, Ius Canonicum, Rome, Gregorian, 1937, 7:398.
Quote: “Nor is there any schism if one merely transgress a papal law for the reason that one considers it too difficult, or if one refuses obedience inasmuch as one suspects the person of the pope or the validity of his election, or if one resists him as the civil head of a state.”

Rev. Ignatius Szal, Communication of Catholics with Schismatics, 1948.
Quote: “Neither is someone a schismatic for denying his subjection to the Pontiff on the grounds that he has solidly founded [‘probabiliter’] doubts concerning the legitimacy of his election or his power [refers to Sanchez and Palao].”

Cardinal De Lugo, Disp., De Virt. Fid. Div., disp xxv, sect iii, nn. 35-8.

Even the forum rules acknowledge sedevacantists as Catholics.

Quote: Followers of a false Pope in earlier times became saints, in spite of believing that the wrong man was Pope. Sedes generally do not deny the principle of the Papacy, do they?
Of course not.