St. Peter Mavimeno
I was praying prime this morning and came across this in the martyrology and thought I'd share.  A saint worth praying to in this day of indifferentism and universal salvation.

Martyrologuim Wrote:(February 21st anno Domini 2012 The 28th Day of Moon were born into the better life)

...At Damascus, [in the year 743,] holy Peter Mavimeno. Some Arabs came to see him while he was ill, and to them he said, " Whoever does not embrace the Catholic Christian religion will be damned, as your false prophet Mohammed is," whereupon they killed him.

Precious in the sight of the Lord
Is the death of His saints.

More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(02-20-2012, 11:30 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote: I was praying prime this morning and came across this in the martyrology and thought I'd share.  A saint worth praying to in this day of indifferentism and universal salvation.

Martyrologuim Wrote:(February 21st anno Domini 2012 The 28th Day of Moon were born into the better life)

...At Damascus, [in the year 743,] holy Peter Mavimeno. Some Arabs came to see him while he was ill, and to them he said, " Whoever does not embrace the Catholic Christian religion will be damned, as your false prophet Mohammed is," whereupon they killed him.

Precious in the sight of the Lord
Is the death of His saints.
Guess things haven't changed much - on the Mohammedan side anyway.  That we could emulate your courage, St Peter Mavimeno pray for us.