Glenn Beck “WE ARE ALL CATHOLICS NOW” campaign
A Priest, an Imam and a Rabbit in a new Glenn Beck video

(Check out the imams lapel pin)
(check out the book the rabbi has facing the camera. Along with the Gnostic Gospels and Who killed Jesus.)

As an incentive to join Glenn Beck’s “WE ARE ALL CATHOLICS NOW” campaign, note this:
“James Madison who is generally recognized as the leading architect of the religion clauses of the First Amendment, observed..… that ‘the same authority which can force a citizen to contribute three pence only of his property for the support of any one establishment, may force him to conform to any other establishment in all cases whatsoever. 2 Writings of James Madison 183, 186 (Hunt ed. 1901). The concern of Madison … was quite clearly that religious liberty ultimately would be the victim if government could employ its taxing and spending powers to aid one religion over another [emphasis, added] ….”, taken from Flast v. Cohen [392 U.S. 83, 103-4, 88 S.Ct., at 1954] by the U. S. Supreme Court.

What an Insult !

The way he grovels at the feet of all things jewish the only kind of Catholic he could even be pretending to be is Novus Ordo ....and even that is a vile thought
Seems the Rabbi can't resist books that deny Jesus' divinity.  I looked at some of the titles and then searched them.  Raymond Brown, Dominic Crossen, Michael Grant.  I guess that people that have an agenda need to have support systems in place to resist the grace of Christ to enter the Church.
(02-20-2012, 10:01 PM)Gerard Wrote: Seems the Rabbi can't resist books that deny Jesus' divinity.  I looked at some of the titles and then searched them.  Raymond Brown, Dominic Crossen, Michael Grant.  I guess that people that have an agenda need to have support systems in place to resist the grace of Christ to enter the Church.

ἀμήν!
What the hell is this garbage?  A nice parlor meeting of different creeds reasoning their cases when in fact there is only truth, which the Church has exclusive right to declare and teach.

Glenn actually is a Catholic now, albeit apostate.  If people want the glory then do the work.  This drives me absolutely up the wall and is a symptom of a greater problem.  Most people are like lazy children who want to pretend to be Army Man without having to do even the slightest chore.  Glenn Beck can resume his life as a Catholic any day of the week by confessing his sins (which would involve publicly abjuring error.)

The Priest is trying to harmonize American ideals of the Enlightment with true ideals of the Church.  He clearly is formed much better than the other two in the video, but he is wrong in suggesting that this action from HHS is unprecedented.  Numberous times in history, the Church has been very directly attacked.

This 'religious liberty' argument is a trap door to A) temporal defeat and B) spiritual defeat.  Religious liberty is tolerable in the US only insomuch as it is supposed to permit Catholics the ability to practice truth in a majority Protestant country.  It is not good of itself or an end to be pursued, but increasing the the rhetoric is trending in that direction.

Hopefully, the party of Bishops for whom Bishop Slattery speaks will win out.  I really see this only ending with HHS keeping the rule after months of 'religious liberty' jabber, but we will see.