It's not "goodbye."....It's just goodbye.
(02-21-2012, 03:42 AM)piabee Wrote:
(02-20-2012, 10:43 PM)JayneK Wrote: Using a good-bye post to insult and criticize people is not classy.

Neither are backhanded insults. Have you forgotten the "Memories of Vetus" thread already?

These are hardly comparable situations.  Iolanthe used her goodbye post to call out several people by name and generally insult members of this forum.  But we are supposed to say nothing about it because it is her good-bye thread.  Since everybody has to be nice to people who are leaving,  the people that Iolanthe is attacking don't count.

Well that post was very mild compared to how strongly I feel.  That was as nice as I can manage to be.

Iolante, God be with you.  If you PM me a link to your blog, I'd like to see it as well.
I think this is a good move on your part.

I mentioned in a PM a while ago having that same "enlightenment" and the step back has eliminated so much turmoil of soul, more than I realized I was experiencing at the time. An important part of that enlightenment is also self-reflection. Reflecting on what we can say or do differently, what threads we should avoid no matter the temptation, what posts we ourselves would never say in person or in the basement of the church. You've had a lot of feedback here, both from friends and "enemies", in anger and in general commentary, and seeing as how all say nearly the same things, it may be worth serious contemplation.  

Enjoy the time off! Spring is around the corner, I can't think of a better time to get some proverbial fresh air.

Bye, Lolanthe I'll miss your wit. Have a blessed Lent.
Have a fruitful Lent Iolanthe.  I will remember you in my prayers.
Don't blame you at all; there is some misogyny around here and I hate it, too.
FE will be worse off in your absence. God bless you in all you do.
:( All the best, Iolanthe. I'll miss reading your posts.
Well, it could be your penance now that it's Lent.  :grin: Stay!
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
Staaaaaaaaay! Don't just walk away and leave me another day!