It's not "goodbye."....It's just goodbye.
(02-24-2012, 02:53 AM)vakarian Wrote:
(02-21-2012, 09:01 AM)JayneK Wrote:
(02-21-2012, 03:42 AM)piabee Wrote:
(02-20-2012, 10:43 PM)JayneK Wrote: Using a good-bye post to insult and criticize people is not classy.

Neither are backhanded insults. Have you forgotten the "Memories of Vetus" thread already?

These are hardly comparable situations.  Iolanthe used her goodbye post to call out several people by name and generally insult members of this forum.  But we are supposed to say nothing about it because it is her good-bye thread.  Since everybody has to be nice to people who are leaving,  the people that Iolanthe is attacking don't count.

Well that post was very mild compared to how strongly I feel.  That was as nice as I can manage to be.

Jayne, I think Iolanthe was quite justified in making whatever 'parting shots' she decided to make. The myriad sexist insults leveled against her over the past couple years were (and of course still are) appalling. I just wish I had been around this site more and stood up when it mattered, instead of now when everything's been said, done, rehashed and left out to rot. I'm sorry that I wasn't.

I've been trying to come up with a response to this that is compatible with my Lenten resolution of giving up arguing.  This is what I've thought of:
I've read your post.  :)

Messages In This Thread
Re: It's not "goodbye."....It's just goodbye. - by JayneK - 02-24-2012, 01:37 PM