Another lurker-turned-newbie
Hello all,

I've lurked a few times lately and wanted to pitch in so -- against my better judgment :P -- here I am, newly registered. It's been a while since I was part of a Catholic forum (any former BOLers around?).

I'm married with two littlies so far, grew up with Tradition but didn't "convert" once-and-for-all until my now-DH and I were engaged. We're now living in a wonderfully devout traditional parish and learning more daily about quite what it means to be really Catholic :) I guess in joining I'm hoping to keep learning and pass on a bit of what I've picked up.
(02-24-2012, 06:09 AM)Serva_Ancillae Wrote: Hello all,

I've lurked a few times lately and wanted to pitch in so -- against my better judgment :P -- here I am, newly registered. It's been a while since I was part of a Catholic forum (any former BOLers around?).

I'm married with two littlies so far, grew up with Tradition but didn't "convert" once-and-for-all until my now-DH and I were engaged. We're now living in a wonderfully devout traditional parish and learning more daily about quite what it means to be really Catholic :) I guess in joining I'm hoping to keep learning and pass on a bit of what I've picked up.
Welcome and God Bless.

Welcome!

I'm curious about you from your description.  Grew up with Tradition means raised as a Traditional Catholic?  What do you mean by "convert"?  And what kind of parish are you in now?

No obligation to answer, I'm just curious as I said.

Welcome! I hope you find this place as edifying and I do.
(02-24-2012, 11:01 AM)newyorkcatholic Wrote:

Welcome!

I'm curious about you from your description.  Grew up with Tradition means raised as a Traditional Catholic?  What do you mean by "convert"?  And what kind of parish are you in now?

No obligation to answer, I'm just curious as I said.

My family started attending a Traditional chapel (with an independent priest given special permission from the local Ordinary) when I was 5 but we moved away from the area when I was 10 and we were part-time NO, part-time Traditional for a number of years. In our hearts, we were still Traditional but didn't come to the realisation that being in NO circles had weakened our faith until a decade later. I was very blessed to have met a man in the NO who fell in love with Tradition as soon as he saw it and we would never go back to the NO now. We attend an SSPX chapel and some of the cradle Traditional Catholics here unthinkingly refer to it sometimes as "converting". I find it amusing but obviously it's not a very correct way of putting it.

Thank you for the welcomes!
Welcome. That is an interesting background you have, Serva.  I look forward to seeing your posts.  (I'm a Latin geek, so I like your name, too.)
Welcome
I did miserably with two years of high-school Latin so Google preserves my vanity when it comes to looking like I know what I'm talking about.

I just realised I made it sound like the difference there was always just the Missal. I was brought up very conservative and orthodox but am only discovering now how deep the Traditional practices should run. I had no idea how worldly my ideas were before, so it was a "conversion" in the sense perhaps that St. Francis of Assisi had a conversion (and I pray God grant me the grace to respond so that it becomes as complete as his was).
Hello!
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
Welcome to Fish Eaters!