Well done, good and faithful Fisheaters
For the third time (fourth time? I forget) in my Fisheater career, I'm going to say goodbye.

When I first joined, Fisheaters served an important role in my reversion and the development of my faith life. While most of Fisheaters hasn't really changed (it's just as acrimonious now as it was in 2007 when I found FE), the caliber of posters has certainly changed. I accept partial responsibility for this; my confrontational-yet-flippant style contributed to the Reign of Silliness that plagued some of the middle years of FE. For all who wanted to have a serious conversation, only to have me post a picture of a turtle or cowboy, please accept my sincere apology.

When I was a younger member of FE, I was more interested in trad culture than trad theology; I didn't know many trads in real life and I was interested in how people brought their lives into sync with Catholicism. My interest in traditional Catholicism has changed, and I find FE less spiritually fruitful than in the past. The caliber of posters has certainly changed, too.  There are very few admirable TLM-onlyists on FE these days. Most are bi-formal Catholics (I include myself in this number) or wistful Novus Ordinarians.  While those are positions that are acceptable in the 21st-Century Church, they are not as beneficial to my spiritual life as the old guard was. Worst yet are the traditional dumbasses, who offer little to Catholic spirituality or to a life of Joy in Christ. They do more damage than good. I won't name names, lest JayneK trot her horse higher than the rest of you. (I do not consider her in the dumbass category, just the non-beneficial category)

Nonetheless, I think this is my last post for the foreseeable future.

All Glory be to the Father, to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit (ghost?), as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Yay!
(02-25-2012, 07:25 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: I accept partial responsibility for this; my confrontational-yet-flippant style contributed to the Reign of Silliness that plagued some of the middle years of FE. For all who wanted to have a serious conversation, only to have me post a picture of a turtle or cowboy, please accept my sincere apology.

I forgive you.

God be with you. You were a bit before my time as a poster, but I certainly remember your posts as a lurker.
Maybe you will come to another stage when FE will be helpful for you again.  I hope you will be back.  God bless you.
(02-25-2012, 07:38 PM)JayneK Wrote: Maybe you will come to another stage when FE will be helpful for you again.

Or he feels he can be helpful to others.

[Image: robleave.jpg]

More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
So many good posters leaving recently. Goodbye, WRC.
Sorry to see you go, WRC. Prayers for you.
It'll only be for some time.

Behold how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell in unity. Ps 133:1

prayers,

tim
Oh shoot. You always made me laff. Stay.  Smile
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton