Well done, good and faithful Fisheaters
Take care, WRC -- hopefully we will see you again soon.
I hope you come back someday WRC, I always thought you had one of the best senses of humor on FE.
WRC I always enjoyed your contributions (for a Jayhawk fan anyway :P) and I will miss you.

God Bless.
I first decided to join the FE forum after reading the website.  WRC's essay, "On Traditional Catholics," was especially influential for me.  Reading these things was when I started to think of myself as a traditional Catholic.  Having him leave is sort of an "end of an era" moment for me.
(02-26-2012, 12:07 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: and don't pretend to be speaking authoritatively unless you are known all over the world as Pope Benedict XVI.

wouldn't it be awesome if the Pope posted? :D
(02-26-2012, 06:47 PM)atlantis587 Wrote:
(02-26-2012, 12:07 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: and don't pretend to be speaking authoritatively unless you are known all over the world as Pope Benedict XVI.

Who knows? Maybe one day you'll get your wish. EWTN Vatican News reported that the pope is getting a Twitter account. That's a start!
(02-26-2012, 06:55 PM)INPEFESS Wrote:
(02-26-2012, 06:47 PM)atlantis587 Wrote:

Who knows? Maybe one day you'll get your wish. EWTN Vatican News reported that the pope is getting a Twitter account. That's a start!

Well, I frankly don't imagine Pope Benedict getting into his account a lot, he would probably have the account administered by his assistants.
Sad to see you leave, WRC. I do hope you eventually return.

As for the forum becoming more "mainstream," that's the inevitable result of Summorum Pontificum as I have explained before on many occasions. There's good and bad that comes with it.
Bah.  This just isn't done.  No sir, this just isn't done.

If I have to spend the next 76 days plowing through a bunch of dry-as-desert-dust Church Fathers, then you have to be here reading all these 20 something women hating habitual masturbators.  It's only fair.  Consider it helping me carry my cross for the good of the Church and the future of Renaissance priestliness.  Ecclesiology...it's not just for clerics.  The layman has to do his part too.  You hear me?

Reset.  Try again, Joe.
For us lightweights it hard to see a heavyweight like you bow out of the ring.
Goodbye and may God bless you.