Iolanthe: share the memories!
I also remember thinking her name was LOLanthe for a long time.  That's still how I think of it, in fact.
(02-26-2012, 10:53 PM)Might_4_Right Wrote: Whether you agreed with her or not, I'll always remember how tenacious she was in the "Contraception; an aspirin between their knees..." thread. God bless her, that girls a scraper.

that was probably the only time I really disagreed with her.
(02-26-2012, 11:05 PM)cgraye Wrote: I also remember thinking her name was LOLanthe for a long time.  That's still how I think of it, in fact.

Wait.  What?  What do you mean?  It's not LOLanthe? 
(02-26-2012, 11:20 PM)DrBombay Wrote:
(02-26-2012, 11:05 PM)cgraye Wrote: I also remember thinking her name was LOLanthe for a long time.  That's still how I think of it, in fact.

Wait.  What?  What do you mean?  It's not LOLanthe? 

Curse those sans serif fonts.  (I take great comfort in knowing that, if this is the wrong term, su will be along to correct me.)

Yeap!
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
The same happened to poor Iuvenalis who was called Luvenalis for quite some time.
(02-27-2012, 12:07 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: The same happened to poor Iuvenalis who was called Luvenalis for quite some time.

Indeed he is still called Luvenalis.  But that's just out of spite, not ignorance. 
"Lolanthe"??  A long time ago, I copied her username directly into MS Word and changed the font to find out if it was an L or an I... and have ever since mentally pronounced the name as "Yolanda" (I think somebody else has made mention of this pronunciation on the forum, but years ago...)
(02-27-2012, 12:50 AM)tmw89 Wrote: "Lolanthe"??  A long time ago, I copied her username directly into MS Word and changed the font to find out if it was an L or an I... and have ever since mentally pronounced the name as "Yolanda" (I think somebody else has made mention of this pronunciation on the forum, but years ago...)

My fondest memory of Iolanthe is that whenever tmw brings her up he tells the story about how he always mentally pronounces her name "yolanda."
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(02-27-2012, 12:56 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote:
(02-27-2012, 12:50 AM)tmw89 Wrote: "Lolanthe"??  A long time ago, I copied her username directly into MS Word and changed the font to find out if it was an L or an I... and have ever since mentally pronounced the name as "Yolanda" (I think somebody else has made mention of this pronunciation on the forum, but years ago...)

My fondest memory of Iolanthe is that whenever tmw brings her up he tells the story about how he always mentally pronounces her name "yolanda."

Oh yeah, I do that!

#geeplusandforumintersectingftw