Iolanthe: share the memories!
(02-28-2012, 02:26 AM)The Dying Flutchman Wrote: I will always remember how after only being here a week I mentioned something about a tactic that feminists use and she got her knickers in a bunch and said I was calling her a feminist when I wasn't even referring to her. She wasn't even involved in the thread she just materialized out of  thin air. My impression was A silly 20 something that fought the feminist cause all the while adamantly insisting she was not a feminist. Oh well where ever she is I am sure she is enjoying the latest copy of Ms. Magazine.

No, she wasn't a feminist, just very sensitive about being called a feminist.  I think most of us a "hot button" of some sort that we react to. 
Seems to me that it is bad form to take digs at someone who is no longer here to defend herself. This is true whether the person in question has been banned or has left voluntarily. I'm not sure threads like this are a good idea at all, but if they have to exist, we could at least restrict ourselves to saying nice things about the person. If you can't say something nice, don't say anything (my momma always said).

Like others, I found her ever-changing personality types and avatars entertaining, and I respected her opinions and her ability to articulate them, even when I didn't agree with them.
(02-28-2012, 04:15 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(02-28-2012, 02:26 AM)The Dying Flutchman Wrote: I will always remember how after only being here a week I mentioned something about a tactic that feminists use and she got her knickers in a bunch and said I was calling her a feminist when I wasn't even referring to her. She wasn't even involved in the thread she just materialized out of  thin air. My impression was A silly 20 something that fought the feminist cause all the while adamantly insisting she was not a feminist. Oh well where ever she is I am sure she is enjoying the latest copy of Ms. Magazine.

No, she wasn't a feminist, just very sensitive about being called a feminist.  I think most of us a "hot button" of some sort that we react to. 

Very sensitive?

Feminism is incompatible with Catholic teaching.  I think a person can be excused for not wanting to be called something that is in direct contrast to what they believe.  She held men accountable, which is actually the complete opposite of feminism.  Feminism excuses the man from his duty because the woman can do it.  Iolanthe never, ever, ever even came close to holding that view, and on the contrary, many of the people who called her a feminist did at least in the course of many of those conversations.

More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
Oh, she also introduced me to the glories of Nutella!
(02-28-2012, 06:35 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: She held men accountable, which is actually the complete opposite of feminism.

Sometimes it seemed she was holding men to be without concupiscence. That was a bit weird.

(02-28-2012, 04:15 PM)JayneK Wrote:

Yah, she isn't the rabid feminist that she got painted as on here. That she enjoyed the more 'bloodthirsty' threads seems like a certainty.