Why was the Mass changed?
Stubborn,
I do not believe that the Church has promulgated error, evil, or anything that harms the good of souls. It is impossible for the Church to do so, as She is indeffectible. I am not allowed to discuss this beyond the facts that the Church cannot give evil or error.
(02-28-2012, 04:24 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: Stubborn,
I do not believe that the Church has promulgated error, evil, or anything that harms the good of souls. It is impossible for the Church to do so, as She is indeffectible. I am not allowed to discuss this beyond the facts that the Church cannot give evil or error.

I'm with you. The error was promulgated by the enemies from within Her.
I would not say "within." There can be enemies within, but they cannot promulgate a liturgy that promotes evil or error. The Church cannot give the Faithful a snake when they ask for fish.
(02-28-2012, 04:57 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: I would not say "within." There can be enemies within, but they cannot promulgate a liturgy that promotes evil or error. The Church cannot give the Faithful a snake when they ask for fish.

What of enemies who are not truly in the Church, but mingle deceptively with true Catholics?
(02-28-2012, 04:57 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: I would not say "within." There can be enemies within, but they cannot promulgate a liturgy that promotes evil or error. The Church cannot give the Faithful a snake when they ask for fish.

Whatever happened from wherever it happened - happened.

Evil came from somewhere and we must resist it. If the priest says an evil mass, it is still evil. We cannot say it is not evil, when we can see that it is evil -  simply because the priest is saying it. The priest is within the Church, the mass he is saying is evil - even Pope Paul VI said that evil (Satan) entered the Church. That's the way this crisis is.

Have you seen this video posted today? http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...328.0.html
(02-28-2012, 05:28 PM)Doce Me Wrote:

What of enemies who are not truly in the Church, but mingle deceptively with true Catholics?

I agree with this. You cannot consider "revolutionaries" who have deliberately infiltrated the Church in order to spread errors as actually being members of the Church.

That's because the New Mass was not truly "promulgated," or not promulgated regularly.  It is an usurper rite, one that was sneaked into the Church by subversion and use of ecclesiastical loopholes, done by the very real enemies who are not only rampant within her but rule her.  The New Mass, in and of itself and as its rotten fruits have proven, is not a Catholic rite of Mass.  IMO, this is the only logical way to make sense out of what the New Mass has done.  I for one will not claim, as "Old Salt" has claimed, that the Holy Roman Catholic Church lawfully promulgated such a sacrilegious and destructive rite of Mass.  In reality, there are only two options that I can see that make any sense from what we know the Church to be - and that is what I have stated above or the other option:  sedevacantism.
(02-28-2012, 05:34 PM)FaithByProxy Wrote:
(02-28-2012, 05:28 PM)Doce Me Wrote:

I agree with this. You cannot consider "revolutionaries" who have deliberately infiltrated the Church in order to spread errors as actually being members of the Church.
I agree.
(02-28-2012, 04:24 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: Stubborn,

Crusader, this is a non response.  We must evaluate from both the evidence we see and from the truths we have been taught.  We can no more ignore one than the other, and call our argument rational.  If you concede the facts that other particpants have presented, then you must conceded, it seems to me, that there is evidence that you do not know that would reconcile the truth with what you see. 

Your defense of the New Mass is based on what its defenders have said.  If its defenders are wrong, then your conclusions, insofar as they rely on those defenders, are also wrong.

It is a fact that homosexuality has been permitted to run wild in the Church.  It is a fact that altar girls were permitted illicitly.  It is a fact that upwards of half of Europe and Canada's Catholics have left the faith.  It is a fact that the wealth of the Church has been squandered.  It is a fact that of the attending Catholics who remain, substantial numbers of them do not believe in transubstantiation.  It is a fact that many do not believe that membership in the Church is necessary for salvation.  It is a fact the clergy has taught that Protestants are members of the Catholic Church.  It is a fact that these things have arisen since Vatican 2, and that their proponents rely on Vatican 2 to justify them. 

Thousands of children have been abused.  Millions of people have left the faith.  Whole nations have lost half their congregations.  It won't do to say "the Church cannot err."  Something is amiss, and it sources either to the Council or its implementation.  In your view, which?
(02-28-2012, 05:49 PM)Nic Wrote:

That's because the New Mass was not truly "promulgated," or not promulgated regularly.  It is an usurper rite, one that was sneaked into the Church by subversion and use of ecclesiastical loopholes, done by the very real enemies who are not only rampant within her but rule her.  The New Mass, in and of itself and as its rotten fruits have proven, is not a Catholic rite of Mass.  IMO, this is the only logical way to make sense out of what the New Mass has done.  I for one will not claim, as "Old Salt" has claimed, that the Holy Roman Catholic Church lawfully promulgated such a sacrilegious and destructive rite of Mass.  In reality, there are only two options that I can see that make any sense from what we know the Church to be - and that is what I have stated above or the other option:  sedevacantism.
THIS
Good post.