Best Trad place to live in the Northeast.
(03-04-2012, 11:18 PM)Heinrich Wrote:
(03-04-2012, 10:02 PM)CaptCrunch73 Wrote:
(03-04-2012, 11:08 AM)Heinrich Wrote:
(03-04-2012, 10:42 AM)CaptCrunch73 Wrote: Although it's not what you asked I can tell you one of the worst Trad places to live in the Northeast if that, helps. That place would be Boston.

There are no Traditional Latin Masses in Beantown?

Hey I'm that incredulous poster  >:(

There is one parish that has regularly scheduled Traditional Latin Masses, Mary Immaculate of Lourdes in Newton. So, if you live in proximity to Mary Immaculate you're good. Other than that there is a sprinkling of Latin Masses here and there. Wasn't aware of CMRI, since I live near neither Newton nor Eastie these doesn't help me much...

Saying that a metropolis of over 4 million with a one time sensus Catholicus is one of the worst places for a TLM amped up my incredulity meter.

If you want to the know what the options for the TLM are check the details out for yourself here http://www.traditio.com/nat.htm. These options show that if you visit either North of Boston or Still River (North West of Boston) you'll have options.

This metropolis of over 4 million with a one time sensus Catholicus is reeling. Many parishes were closed a few years ago. And now... the remaining parishes are being organized into Pastoral Collaboratives of 2-4 parishes with a single pastor per Pastoral Collaborative. The chance of getting a parish priest to learn the TLM while tending to 1600 Mass attendees is pretty remote, at best. There are few archdiocese TLMs, one intermittent SSPX Mass and no FSSP parishes in Boston. This surprises me, especially under these circumstances.

Apparently there are a few Independent TLM options available, I tend not follow the independent options (that's not a judgement but a personal choice, hence my ignorance about the CMRI).

I hope this is info helpful and my post is not too belligerent. I was just trying to answer your question.

Good luck!