I'm a new fishy...
Hey everyone! I'm new to the board. I've been lurking for a week or so now and finally decided to join. I am a convert from Protestantism and will make my profession of faith on March 30th! I couldn't be more thrilled. I came across fisheaters as a result of googling "chapel veils".  LOL  The information I receive from this site is so helpful to me as I continue to learn about the faith. As I searched the site I of course stumbled upon the forum and have been captivated with it ever since. What a fun community. Granted, there is a decent amount of bickering and jesting that takes place (couldn't help but notice), but in general it seems to me that its a great place to learn,  make meaningul friendships, and strenthen one another in the true faith.
I moved to Kansas City about 6 months ago and have been attending an FSSP parish. I dearly love the Latin Mass. Never have I experienced something so beautiful. Before I began my road to conversion I was on the road to a Protestant seminary (to get a masters in Divinity). I was enrolled and ready to get started until one single phone conversation with a friend derailed my whole life plan! The conversation was with a friend of mine who is a very devout traditional Catholic. During the course of the conversation he convinced me that Jesus was truly present in the blessed sacrament. It disturbed me so much that I withdrew from classes immedietly and so began my journey to Rome.
Anyways, if there's anyone here from the KC area, let me know, I'd love to meet up sometime. Smile
Hi!

I've been trying to derail a friend of mine as well.  Welcome to FE and, more importantly, the Church!  God bless you.
Well, may God grant you success in your derailing efforts. I've derailed a couple myself here recently, working on wrecking a few more.  LOL
You realize we already have a Jen on the forum?  This could be confusing.  Maybe you should post a pic of yourself so we can sort it all out? 

Just keeping it real.  Tip o' the hat
It sounds like the Grace of God has moved you to the Truth, as we should expect it to.  He that hath ears to hear, let him hear... Laus Deo!

And welcome to the forum.  Tip o' the hat

More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(03-04-2012, 12:42 AM)DrBombay Wrote: You realize we already have a Jen on the forum?  This could be confusing.  Maybe you should post a pic of yourself so we can sort it all out? 

Just keeping it real.   Tip o' the hat

But this is Jen version 51.  That should be easy enough to keep track of.

Now if 2-50 show up, then we'll have a problem.

Also, I think the other Jen is actually Jenn.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
Welcome
Jen51, welcome to the forum and, most especially, to Catholicism!

Please don't let us deter you from it. We're not perfect by any means, which only proves the Church's mission: She is for the sinners, not the saints.

All honor and glory be to God, and may He love and keep you forever close to His most Sacred Heart!

INP
Welcome, Jen51.  I could relate to your story. I studied at a Protestant seminary for a year before joining the Catholic Church.  And the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist was my reason too.  I ended up getting an MDiv as a Catholic, so who knows what the future has for you.
Welcome, Jen.  Looking forward to learning more about you.  Take care.