I'm a new fishy...
Welcome to the forum!

I guess you're going to be confirmed tomorrow? It's been 5 months to the day for me since I was confirmed. The first 5 months are pretty great so long as you get to continue attending the FSSP parish you're confirmed in.  :LOL: I miss that parish.  :(
YES! Tomorrow is the big day. A year ago I felt like i would never arrive, and now I'm at the doorstep.

Confirmed 5 months ago, eh? Well, congrats. :) I take it you no longer attend a FSSP parish?
Welcome and the best of luck tomorrow.  :)
(03-30-2012, 09:17 AM)jen51 Wrote: YES! Tomorrow is the big day. A year ago I felt like i would never arrive, and now I'm at the doorstep.

Confirmed 5 months ago, eh? Well, congrats. :) I take it you no longer attend a FSSP parish?
Congratulations on your Confirmation!

The reason I don't attend my FSSP parish is because I was commuting 5 hours to get there. If I could afford the gas I would still go every Sunday, though.
(04-01-2012, 12:09 AM)philosafari Wrote:
(03-30-2012, 09:17 AM)jen51 Wrote: YES! Tomorrow is the big day. A year ago I felt like i would never arrive, and now I'm at the doorstep.

Congratulations on your Confirmation!

The reason I don't attend my FSSP parish is because I was commuting 5 hours to get there. If I could afford the gas I would still go every Sunday, though.

5 hours. Whoah! That's some dedication! And thanks for the congrats. Confirmation went well. I receive my first communion tomorrow. :)
Alleluia and congratulations on your conversion! I too am a convert from protestantism via Orthodoxy who was was planning on studying for the priesthood in Orthodoxy. BTW, say Hi! to a few of the regulars like Gus H., John W., and Greg G. You're attending my old parish! I lived directly across the street from the Cathedral but I used to walk (drive in bad weather) to Sacred Heart for Mass and I'm still on the email bulletin list!
(04-01-2012, 02:58 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: Alleluia and congratulations on your conversion! I too am a convert from protestantism via Orthodoxy who was was planning on studying for the priesthood in Orthodoxy. BTW, say Hi! to a few of the regulars like Gus H., John W., and Greg G. You're attending my old parish! I lived directly across the street from the Cathedral but I used to walk (drive in bad weather) to Sacred Heart for Mass and I'm still on the email bulletin list!

Oh! A small world! The only one I know of those fellas you mentioned is John W, and I'm assuming watkins, yah? I will tell him hello for you, and when I meet the others I will tell them as well. Is your real name Jovan? I suppose I had better get that clear before I go passing on any greetings, haha. So cool to have someone who is familiar with my parish here. Wonderful place, eh?
(04-01-2012, 09:22 PM)jen51 Wrote:
(04-01-2012, 02:58 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: Alleluia and congratulations on your conversion! I too am a convert from protestantism via Orthodoxy who was was planning on studying for the priesthood in Orthodoxy. BTW, say Hi! to a few of the regulars like Gus H., John W., and Greg G. You're attending my old parish! I lived directly across the street from the Cathedral but I used to walk (drive in bad weather) to Sacred Heart for Mass and I'm still on the email bulletin list!

Oh! A small world! The only one I know of those fellas you mentioned is John W, and I'm assuming watkins, yah? I will tell him hello for you, and when I meet the others I will tell them as well. Is your real name Jovan? I suppose I had better get that clear before I go passing on any greetings, haha. So cool to have someone who is familiar with my parish here. Wonderful place, eh?

Yes, I do mean Watkins and yes, my real name is Jovan! :LOL: John can certainly introduce you to Gus, Greg and the rest of my friends. And you're right! It's a wonderful parish and group of people. I miss it.
Ok! Yeah, from what I understand, John seems to know practically everyone... I suppose it helps being the secretary!
(04-01-2012, 09:53 PM)jen51 Wrote: Ok! Yeah, from what I understand, John seems to know practically everyone... I suppose it helps being the secretary!

Actually, I knew him for years before the parish was established. The others I met there.