We need to stand up to anti-Catho​lic bullies
I'm sure all of you have encountered a lot of anti-Catholic hatred since this whole Obama contraception mandate issue began. I recently read a blog post by a local blogger here who routinely goes on obscenity laced tirades against the Church where he referred to Rick Santorum as a "papist." Now, I'm far from a fan of the neocon, globalist Santorum but the double standard regarding Catholic-bashing is a pet peeve of mine. I called him on it in the comment section but he refused to apologize and instead personally attacked me as a "fringe, right-wing zealot." I'm now escalating the issue because I think we need to draw a line in the sand and stop just taking the abuse with our mouths closed. I'm not trying to "Imus" someone but I do think he should be held accountable for his actions. It's unfair when someone like Pat Buchanan, who never used a slur in any of his professional life, is defamed as a bigot but people who are actively promoting anti-Catholic slurs and derogatory terms get a free pass. I sincerely believe faithful Catholics need to stop being a punching bag for the cultural left and stand up to the hatred. I don't want to increase web-traffic for this hate-filled man but feel free to review the comment section for our exchange.

http://blogs.artvoice.com/avdaily/2012/0...led-state/

I would value any feedback you have.
You did a good job it seemed to me! You're dealing with illogical, anti-God bigots who have a problem with obeying the ordinances of God and who can't seem to string together any kind of justification for their vitriolic attacks and contradictions. My advice is to shake the dust off your boots, say a prayer for them and be done with it. When you're dealing with people on the Internet (especially when it's religion + politics + Catholicism) you're never going to stop arguing, really, until you decide that enough is enough. It just becomes a game to them - as you witnessed. Shifting semantics, contradictory positions and willful ignorance and blindness to the Truth. These things cannot be cured online - especially not when reputations are the name of the game. For what it's worth, though, I am certain that many saw what you said and learned a few things if they were non-Catholics, and that many Catholics were edified with your reasoned, charitable and gentlemanly responses. I certainly was!

I did have a good laugh though when they kept bringing up "Vatican law". Oh dear. Yes, because Catholics want Vatican state law to replace the law of America. It's just childishness, really. I also loved the whole "I hate people who want to impose their morality on me" spiel - as if the liberal, progressive pro-child-killing pro-gay ideology is some kind of neutral moral position. Last time I checked we were all getting this stuff rammed down our throats, as if it were the best thing on earth to be a Godless homosexual barbarian.

Just my thoughts/advice. God bless!
Arguing with that guy and the choir he preaches to is pointless.  Don't debase yourself.
I took an antagonistic stab.  Should be fun.
I try to tear it up.  More to come, I imagine.

Like I said about a blogger in another thread: It's good to save the turbulent sarcasm for the pharohs, the pharisees, and the sophists.

- - - -

Wow. I’m gonna need some rain boots to trudge through all this filth.

Priests have molested boys in the twentieth century. But more secular public school teachers have molested kids than the Catholic clergy. And don’t get me started with Child Protective Services. The god of the State is more insidious than you will ever admit, and it’ll only get worse. And, I promise you, by the time folks start discussing the “reasonable alternative” of just plain-old killin’ fresh-born babies, you’ll defend evil like that as well.

But sporting facts against anyone here is like fighting a hydra. Ya’ll will declare that the sky is purple, cars on the road weigh five pounds, and your computers spontaneously appeared one day, if it meant that you could reject the God who died for you.

I blame your idiocy on the invention of the birth control pill, women voters, and Nietzche.

Comment by L.H. — March 4, 2012 @ 4:48 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

L.H. & Canisius
Please provide a link to where you got the statistics you are quoting re homosexual child rapist scandals and the molestation of children by teachers being greater in numbers than the THOUSANDS of children raped and sodomized by Catholic priests.

Comment by H.L. — March 4, 2012 @ 5:23 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn’t think so L.H & Canisius. No stats?? No links??
Anybody else you would like to slander and slur?
How about the truth for a change. Papist/Rapist, which is worse??
Tell us, we’re eager to know.

Comment by H.L. — March 4, 2012 @ 7:35 pm

H.L. even if presented you would not care, your god is the State, and the State can do no wrong. Homosexuals have infested the Catholic clergy for the past 50 years, those precious sodomites that you leftist defend to the death. Tell me H.L. why do we see those NAMBLA scumbags apart of your gay shame parades every fucking year, then you try to tell me there is no connection between homosexuality and child molestation. Also why are the biggest supporters of lowering the age of consent gay men. Tell me HL were eager to know

Comment by Canisius — March 4, 2012 @ 7:53 pm

This is AWESOME.

Comment by Alan Bedenko — March 4, 2012 @ 7:55 pm

@ H.L.

Hey, Moron! Busy at the moment! I’ll post some links up that you won’t read later tonight, unless you truly ARE curious, and look up the info yourself.

Till then, ladies!

Comment by L.H. — March 4, 2012 @ 7:57 pm

@ H.L.

While it is true that there have been over 300 or more cases of sexual abuse in Catholic institutions from 1968 through 1980, a FEDERAL REPORT ordered by Congress and chartered by the U.S. Department of Education has estimated that 422,000 California public school students would be victims of sexual misconduct by educators BEFORE GRADUATION.

Seems like the public school system has a bit of a glut in the molestation department.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-215_162-1933687.html#
http://www.catholic.org/national/nationa...p?id=20437

Institutions run by human beings will have their screw ups. Just look at yourself!

Comment by L.H. — March 4, 2012 @ 8:30 pm

By the way, Bedenko, I agree with you that Santorum’s an idiot!

Everyone knows that America just won’t be up to speed until we get a nice Catholic King to instil order into your petty little materialistic lives. Backed by a pope, of course.

Comment by L.H. — March 4, 2012 @ 8:33 pm

Thanks for the kind words. I know it seems pointless but the homily at Mass this morning really emboldened me to fight it a little more. It's like the bully who takes your lunch money. Maybe they'll eventually get your money but not until after you make them work for it and maybe next time, they'll think twice about picking on you (Catholics).
I just put up a gentle rebuke.
Now, now.  No talk about wood chippers.
Looks like the fella closed down the comments.  What a coward!  Can't even stand the idea that he cannot have the last word! 

I basically took issue with the whole priest molestation bullshit, comparing it to the ever-more horrendous public school statistics. 

I don't keep up with that blog.  Lemme know if our "dialogue" is ever mentioned again, that I may perhaps participate, if need be.
Continuing my thoughts from this thread: http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...695.0.html

Basically, I've decided to participate in a thread on CAF called: "Explain the Justice of Hell."

And so, there's about two or three atheists over there spouting off nonsense.  And I've felt compelled to confront them.  I wonder if Christ would not like my tone...but I think He would not mind it. I often remember reading about how Christ would bluntly and relentlessly talk at the Pharisees of His day. 

I only wonder if I'll be backed up.  Something tells me I won't.

- - - - -

P.S.  I forgot, the forum link to the place I'm engaged at is here:  http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=647617