'Gay' Activist distrupts Mass
expect more of this crapola. a LOT more

distrupter Wrote:But the idea that an institution currently notorious for covering up the abuse of thousands and thousands of children by its representatives over many generations should condemn the public declaration of love and commitment between two people just because they happen to have similar genitalia was just too much for me.
  :eyeroll:

This is war, people.
Disliked.
This activist was not even making sense. He was complaining that people are "judging his lifestyle about which he has no choice".  It is possible that he has no choice about his same sex attraction.  He certainly has a choice about his lifestyle.
Maybe it's time I start disrupting them at their own community events.
(03-11-2012, 11:29 PM)JayneK Wrote: This activist was not even making sense. He was complaining that people are "judging his lifestyle about which he has no choice".  It is possible that he has no choice about his same sex attraction.  He certainly has a choice about his lifestyle.

Yes, that's like people who commit the sin of fornication complaining that they can't help it: they were born that way.

The phenomenon of celibacy does exist. Not all virgins are born without libido.
"But the idea that an institution currently notorious for covering up the abuse of thousands and thousands of children by its representatives over many generations..."

I'm all for rooting out the infiltrating priests and religious who abused those children and the  many more ephebophiles who were definitely homosexual and actively abusing post pubescent boys, seminarians and men. 

Round them up and burn them in St. Peter's square.  I find it interesting that they condemn the Church because of traitorous religious who betray their vows and adopt this guys lifestyle.

"should condemn the public declaration of love and commitment between two people just because they happen to have similar genitalia was just too much for me."

That would be a terrible argument if it were "just" that.  But unfortunately our activist seems to want to set up a strawman argument.  The Church has applauded public declarations of love and commitment regardless of gender.  But that's not marriage.  The Catholic faithful have to be educated in these matters quickly and taught how to respond to these foolish accusations if there is going to be any sort of push back on this. 
I'm sure many will remember how Mass was disrupted at St. Patrick's Cathedral in NYC in December 1989. That's been the template for militant homosexuals and abortion activists ever since, taking tactics right out of the book Mein Kampf, which Larry Kramer, one of the founders of ACT-UP, admitted.
Someone needed to make a whip from some cords, and cleansed that Church of such filth.
I’m not sure b/c the audio wasn’t that great, but were the people laughing at points? I can’t imagine this happening, how would one react? I do wish the priest would have read the letter “for youtube” though, I think its really time to hammer down on Church teaching and get definitive statements out there, especially in the media. Controversy in this respect would be good IMO, the rest of the world needs to see the Church stand firm. Especially with recent events of Bishops making all these apologies for offending people. ugh.
That character wouldn't last two seconds in a Mass around where I live.