Concerning Seminaries: I think this is actually good news...
http://wdtprs.com/blog/2012/03/quaeritur...ough-love/

Dear and Reverend Father,

If you wish to publish any of this email on your blog, please remove all references to the diocese (and perhaps even to [COUNTRY] if you think it is right).

An hour or so ago a friend spoke to a seminarian here in [PLACE]. Unlike many Seminaries in the rest of … and the rest of the world, the one here is full of traditionalists and is flourishing. The seminarian told my friend that ALL their internet access is logged and their incoming and outgoing emails are read. Those who have visited “traditionalist” sites have been warned that their chances of being ordained to the Priesthood are in jeopardy.

Our [bishop] likes to “keep in” with the trendies, although he’s not a trendy himself, deep down; however, the [important staff member] of the Seminary is a sworn enemy of the TLM and has publicly stated that the Holy Father “got it wrong” when he published Summorum Pontificum. The [bishop] sent his resignation letter to Rome, but he has been kept on for another two years. Even if he goes, the Priests with real power are those like the [staff member], in a Diocese where – it is said – something like 90% of the Priests are communists and they do everything they possibly can to stop the faithful going to the TLM.

Its almost like being behind enemy lines. Pray for the Church. Pray for these young men.
Why don't they just enter seminaries that teach Catholicism?
It's not almost, it is.
(03-14-2012, 01:27 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: Why don't they just enter seminaries that teach Catholicism?

Because many of them see the need to fix the system from within. Traditionalists are greatly needed in the diocesan structures.
(03-14-2012, 01:27 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: Why don't they just enter seminaries that teach Catholicism?
If I may speak for my own country...

All priests that are somewhat traditional, have left for other seminaries, in other countries. They can't return here. The Church in the Dutch part of Belgium has probably not more than a dozen priests who are somewhat traditional. Our two mayor regular traditionalists died not long ago, an old Jesuit and a Monsignor. Our bishops, except for one, are fully modernist, and the one that isn't, Archbishop Léonard, does not act, I don't think he can, being surrounded by those wolves who have long shed of their sheep skins. Clerical collars are frowned upon, only bishops can wear them without controversy, the few priests who wear them are despised. And the traditionalist laity? They're being abused by far right separatists, who aren't even catholic. The fraternity of Saint Pius X, being mainly based in France, is even met with hostility some times, and I know priests who left it because it is too French. And all that separatist stuff, that doesn't even concern religious issues, just leaves traditionalism crippled, while the ageing modernists are partying like it's 1968. Churches are still being wreckovated here.

This is what a diocese might become when traditional seminarians go to another diocese or seminary. I can understand them, though
Well said Adelbrecht! You have just described Quebec!
:pray:

Wow, Father Z's blog post is a pretty stark acknowledgement of a worse situation than I realized.
Adelbrect,
  First, I commend you on your command of the English language.  There are many people here in the US, especially among the young, sadly, that could not put together a proper sentence.  Reminds me of the old joke.  What are you called if you can speak two languages-bilingual.  What are you called if you can speak three languages-trilingual.  What are you called if you can speak four our more languages-multilingual.  What are you called if you can speak one language-American!
  That aside, some once heavily Catholic countries/areas got so decimated after VII, even though the rot was developing before.  Fr Gomar DePauw (rip) said he saw it in his native Belgium in the 40's as well as saw some of it here, a bit before VII.  But, at least the local parish was a place that you could go and assist at a true offering of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass and recieve Our Lord with moral certitude, as well as receive valid absolution and increase of grace from the Sacrament of Penance.  You cannot say that for most places today. 
  Going to a traditional seminary, where the teaching is Catholic must override where one comes from.  If going out of the country is necessary, so be it.  Also, because of the times, to have assurance of being validly ordained(at least as much as is humanly possible), one needs to go to a seminary whose ordaining bishop was ordained and consecrated in an unquestionable Catholic rite(his ordaining bishop having the same pedigree) 
  Semantics wise, if you have native clergy, it is an advantage over "imported", at least potentially, since native clergy cannot be deported due to immigration issues. 
Joe