And in "Missed the point" news...
[Image: 425698_3494722932675_1409615096_3385317_686677407_n.jpg]

*sigh*
They think they get it, but they just.don't.get.it.  :eyeroll:
Indifference and unfailing tolerance=love.

They are absolutely one hundred percent synonymous in the world.  One and the same.  Sick.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
No the poster is right. We love them the way Christ loved us. Which means we correct them, and show them the way. I guess they ignore those passages with the "hard words".
Scriptorium, you are right, that is what Christ did.  However, the people posting this on FB are the ones with the mental disconnect.  They are viewing it the way Mithrandylan stated.  They are using what they *think* Christ said and did to justify their sins and their intolerance.
I know. But we can turn that on them by saying, "Okay, let's do that. Let's see how He loved us." Chances are they don't want to go there. The poster is for people who probably have never cracked a Bible.
(03-14-2012, 01:50 PM)Scriptorium Wrote: No the poster is right. We love them the way Christ loved us. Which means we correct them, and show them the way. I guess they ignore those passages with the "hard words".

Yes.  I suppose I wasn't think the poster is using that angle.  I still don't think it is, lol.

Go thy ways, old Jack;
That's the real deal they ignore the hard words. It's vile the way they tell the truth but interpret the truth in a wishy washy way.What's worse is on the our side we in an effort to tell the truth forget charity.

tim
I actually posted that picture on my own blog because I think it makes a good point. I get really sick of Catholics and other Christians who just show hate towards homosexuals, Muslims, Jews, etc. It happens a lot, including on here, in a way which can't be justified as 'we love them so we're correcting them' because it isn't loving reproval, but just flat-out abuse.
(03-14-2012, 04:59 PM)Raskolnikov Wrote: I actually posted that picture on my own blog because I think it makes a good point. I get really sick of Catholics and other Christians who just show hate towards homosexuals, Muslims, Jews, etc. It happens a lot, including on here, in a way which can't be justified as 'we love them so we're correcting them' because it isn't loving reproval, but just flat-out abuse.

I don't think it happens anywhere near the amount of times that we are made to think it does.

Examples of hate would be an attack on the person of someone regardless of what they said or didn't, a physical assault, or spreading libel and slander about them. 

There *may* be some imprudent approaches to the issues, but hate is a very deliberate and aggressive stance. 

Go thy ways, old Jack;