Bishop Athanasius Schneider's Bombshell Address
(03-15-2012, 07:39 PM)The Curt Jester Wrote: I dare someone to post this on CAF.

There is a post that has the link in it there already.  I wonder what would happen if it got quoted.
It should be a topic in itself, otherwise it won't get noticed.
(03-15-2012, 07:39 PM)The Curt Jester Wrote: I dare someone to post this on CAF.

Done:
http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.ph...ost9076615

Lets see how long this lasts
(03-15-2012, 07:55 PM)Dmorgan Wrote:

Done:
http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.ph...ost9076615

Lets see how long this lasts

Can we make bets?
I say it's taken down within the hour and "dirt" is not suspended, but outright banned for "posting with an agenda".
Well, it's been over an hour, so I'm out!

:LOL: :LOL:  :LOL:  literally lauged out loud
"Benedictine and Cistercian monks have been celebrating the Liturgy of the Eucharist facing each other around a large freestanding altar for at least one thousand years. Augustinian monks as well. "

O, TimothyH  :eyeroll:
(03-15-2012, 09:12 PM)knittycat Wrote: Well, it's been over an hour, so I'm out!
Give it a little more time. The "attack Tradition" dogs have yet to be tipped off. So far only one "usual suspect" has come out swinging.
I really do not see why this one would be hard. The Bishop stated his case clearly, He used the Council Documents to back up his assertions, and he was respectful. Other than ripping the scab off the wound that is called Vatican II, no problems i can see.
(03-16-2012, 12:27 PM)Josué Wrote: "Benedictine and Cistercian monks have been celebrating the Liturgy of the Eucharist facing each other around a large freestanding altar for at least one thousand years. Augustinian monks as well. "

O, TimothyH  :eyeroll:

Yes, I was amused by that, too. Wonder if he's ever actually been in an Abby Church from before the 'Liturgical Movement'? The old Church at St Benedict's Abbey, Atchison, KS was typical. Ordinary looking Church, no 'freestanding altar', and lots of chapels in the Crypt so the monks could celebrate their individual Masses. The new Church, built immediately before the Council under the influence of the 'Liturgical Movement' is typical of the new architecture and liturgical practice, freestanding altar with room for about half the monks to concelebrate around it.