Father Guarnizo responds
(03-16-2012, 08:54 AM)ResiduumRevertetur Wrote: So according to this Canon Law expert, Catholic baptism is different than (Trinitarian) Protestant baptism? I thought they were considered the same until the Faith was renounced?

And so because I was baptized in a Catholic church, by a Catholic priest, although never catechized afterward, I had the "right" to demand the Eucharist at any time, with only my (horribly formed) conscience answer to? I was never told such a thing. Ever. I have been considered a convert by any priest I've talked to and I was told I could not receive until I came into the Church. I agreed. I had never really repudiated the Church. I never became a Baptist or a Lutheran or even an unbeliever. Ack! I'm so confused!

I was Baptized and Confirmed a Catholic and DID become a Baptist. When I returned to the Church I was told I had to go to Confession before I could recieve Communion.
This looks like lawyer double-talk to me. The woman comes into the church, introduces the priest to her 'lover'. What if she announced her intentions of having an abortion?
What an upside down world this is.
News like this is what drives a lot young men who would be the best priests AWAY from pursuing that vocation.
(03-15-2012, 08:33 AM)Vincentius Wrote:
Fr. Guarnizo Wrote:  On March 13, I asked Bishop Knestout about detail on this matter but he stated that he was not at liberty to discuss the matter. I would only add for the record, that the letter removing me from pastoral work in the Archdiocese of Washington, was already signed and sealed and on the table when I met with Bishop Knestout on March 9, even before he asked me the first question about the alleged clash.

Kangaroo court in the Catholic Church?  Nah!  But it's true!  Just read the above.  "Not at liberty to discuss the matter" -- condemned before being tried, what about due process (sententiae ferendae). 

And this takes the cake:  (The letter of removal)  was already signed and sealed and on the table when I met with Bishop Knestout on March 9, even before he asked me the first question about the alleged clash."

And Ed Peters, the noble canonist insists on defending the kangaroos with his weapon of CIC 915.   

Anybody believe that the Communion incident was not the cause of Fr. Guarnizo's dismissal but a trumped up charge about his treatment of parish staff, etc.?  Perhaps so.  But they already had his head on the block and this lesbo/buddhist is the straw that broke the camel's back.

It's a sad day when a lesbian Buddhist of no personal importance has immensely more sway within the Church and a given diocese than a priest of that diocese.

The fix is in.  Justice does not matter, not even within much of the Church.  Tolerance is the New Justice.  The only sin is to not say "yes, yes, yes" to whatever sort of depravity or lawlessness one encounters.
(03-16-2012, 10:05 AM)cgraye Wrote: News like this is what drives a lot young men who would be the best priests AWAY from pursuing that vocation.

This.
Quote:And we know what has happened to Fr. Michael Rodriguez for speaking out for Truth. And even Fr. Frank Pavone is essentially under something akin to house arrest.

Remember that Padre Pio himself was suspended by his bishop who took pleasure in persecuting him.  He was even  forbidden to hear confessions for some years.

St. Pio of Pietrelcina (aka Padre Pio during his 2 year suspension) was stripped of his faculties (except to say Mass privately without a congregation),by the Vatican who issued the interdict, not his bishop.  This was in 1931- thru 1933, under the Pontificate of Pius XI.
There is a website to show support for Fr. Marcel:

http://supportfathermarcel.com/
(03-16-2012, 06:10 PM)hbaldauf Wrote: There is a website to show support for Fr. Marcel:

signed
(03-16-2012, 08:24 PM)Spooky Wrote:
(03-16-2012, 06:10 PM)hbaldauf Wrote: There is a website to show support for Fr. Marcel:

signed

I signed as well.  I stopped short of sending the email though.  I wasn't sure if I wanted to send the stock letter or add something to it.
Before I sign, can someone point out to me what the purpose is with a petition?  I honestly don't think Card. Wuerl is interested in the opinions of good Catholics.  What leverage is the petition supposed to gain?
(03-16-2012, 08:41 PM)Gerard Wrote: Before I sign, can someone point out to me what the purpose is with a petition?  I honestly don't think Card. Wuerl is interested in the opinions of good Catholics.  What leverage is the petition supposed to gain?

At minimum at least Father will know there are Catholics who support and appreciate him. that's why I signed, Card Wuerl doesn't give a fig about the faith, only in being PC.