Interesting statement regarding jurisdiction.
I don't know who this Father J. is, but he made an interesting comment on a recent article regard Fr. Guarnizo:
Quote:When a priest is ordained he receives faculties to hear confessions that are good anywhere in the world. Only if a bishop refuses permission to a priest is he forbidden to hear confessions in that diocese. So Fr. Z does have faculties to hear confession.

You can read it here:

http://ncronline.org/blogs/distinctly-ca...inal-wuerl

I've never heard this before. So what's the truth? Must jurisdiction be supplied or not?
(03-17-2012, 06:35 PM)damooster Wrote: I don't know who this Father J. is, but he made an interesting comment on a recent article regard Fr. Guarnizo:
Quote:When a priest is ordained he receives faculties to hear confessions that are good anywhere in the world. Only if a bishop refuses permission to a priest is he forbidden to hear confessions in that diocese. So Fr. Z does have faculties to hear confession.

You can read it here:

http://ncronline.org/blogs/distinctly-ca...inal-wuerl

I've never heard this before. So what's the truth? Must jurisdiction be supplied or not?

No, that is not true, except in emergencies.  All priests, including laicized priests, are required to hear death-bed Confessions.  But aside from that, local faculties are needed.
Can.  967
§2. Those who possess the faculty of hearing confessions habitually whether by virtue of office or by virtue of the grant of an ordinary of the place of incardination or of the place in which they have a domicile can exercise that faculty everywhere unless the local ordinary has denied it in a particular case, without prejudice to the prescripts of can. 974, §§2 and 3.

Can.  974
§1. The local ordinary and the competent superior are not to revoke the faculty to hear confessions habitually except for a grave cause.

§2. When the faculty to hear confessions has been revoked by the local ordinary who granted it as mentioned in can. 967, §2, a presbyter loses the faculty everywhere. If some other local ordinary has revoked the faculty, the presbyter loses it only in the territory of the one who revokes it.

(03-18-2012, 01:35 AM)spasiisochrani Wrote: Can.  974
§1. The local ordinary and the competent superior are not to revoke the faculty to hear confessions habitually except for a grave cause.

However, this is the key. How is upholding the Doctrine of the Church and Canon Law a 'grave abuse'?
(03-18-2012, 02:56 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(03-18-2012, 01:35 AM)spasiisochrani Wrote: Can.  974

However, this is the key. How is upholding the Doctrine of the Church and Canon Law a 'grave abuse'?
Orthodoxy is a 'grave abuse' in the post conciliar Church.