Chat Room Link and Other Stuff
I've finally subscribed. No fishie yet, but I'm contributing!
(03-19-2012, 01:20 PM)The Curt Jester Wrote: Assuming the worst and that the chat room doesn't get renewed, there are (I believe) some free options out there.   For instance, an IRC could be set up that doesn't cost anything.  Yes, it's not as pretty, but it's perfectly functional for chat.  In the case of this site, I think that it'd be better that donations go to supporting the site itself rather than the chat room (which relatively few people use) so if money could be saved with a slight downgrade, it would be a good decision.   We don't want a chat room and no forum!  So if I were to donate, I'd prefer that the money goes to supporting the site FIRST.

What about Skpe? Can you have a permanent room set up with that software? Is it just video chat -- or can a person send text like the present chatroom (or both in the same room)? Anyone know?  There's also PalTalk, but with that I know someone has to set up a room and act as admin in it.
(03-20-2012, 01:10 PM)knittycat Wrote: I've finally subscribed. No fishie yet, but I'm contributing!

THANK YOU, Knittycat.. God love ya :)
I'm sorry I can't give more!  I'll keep you in my prayers.
Glad to report that I just signed up for a monthly donation also. Not trying to call attention to myself or anything like that, just wanted to voice my support for Tracy and the site here. I'm sorry I didn't donate sooner.
(03-21-2012, 10:02 PM)damooster Wrote: Glad to report that I just signed up for a monthly donation also. Not trying to call attention to myself or anything like that, just wanted to voice my support for Tracy and the site here. I'm sorry I didn't donate sooner.

THANK you!
There are enough of us who use the chat room from time to time.  We should be able to get the $ together to renew.
(03-17-2012, 11:44 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: * If you want to go hard-core in helping this site out, FE will make even more money if you get the ASIN number of whatever it is you're wanting to buy,  copy-pasting it to replace the two red  Xs in this URL --

-- and then putting the resulting URL in your browser and buying it from there.

Vox,
I tried this and was told it was not a functioning page on the Amazon site ???
(03-28-2012, 09:00 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(03-17-2012, 11:44 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: * If you want to go hard-core in helping this site out, FE will make even more money if you get the ASIN number of whatever it is you're wanting to buy,  copy-pasting it to replace the two red  Xs in this URL --

Vox,

Hmmm... did you put in JUST the ASIN or ISBN number?  Without the words "ASIN" or ISBN"? And replace the two red X's? And keep all the dashes in place and such -- without putting in any extra spaces, etc.?
(03-31-2012, 05:16 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote:
(03-28-2012, 09:00 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:

Vox,

Hmmm... did you put in JUST the ASIN or ISBN number?  Without the words "ASIN" or ISBN"? And replace the two red X's? And keep all the dashes in place and such -- without putting in any extra spaces, etc.?

Got it that time!