All Souls Chapel & Memorial: Pray for the Dead
(07-02-2018, 03:31 PM)ServusDei Wrote: Pray for all the souls in Purgatory, and when they get to heaven, they will pray unceasingly for you!

I have recently begun adding, "...and for the relief of the Holy Souls in Purgatory" to my Morning Offering. A very simple way to help. Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like In His Love's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux, XavierSem
In your charity, please pray for the repose of the soul of Father Kevin Morris, late of Richmond Indiana, who died yesterday afternoon during an automobile accident. While he didn't offer the sacraments in their traditional manner, he was a good confessor and pastor to his flock in that city.
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dahveed's post:
  • XavierSem
Of your charity, please pray for my wife's Aunt Judith who went to the Judgement Seat yesterday.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • XavierSem
In your charity, a special request for prayers for the repose of Father Angelo Caserta. Father was ordained in 1945 (!), one of two brothers who became priests (Father Charles Caserta is still going strong at 90 as of late last year). Father Angelo was 100, and a good friend's uncle. Below is his obit from the Archdiocese of Cincinnati.

Found here.

OBITUARY: FATHER ANGELO CASERTA
 The Catholic Telegraph /  May 12, 2019 /  1k

SHARES
  Facebook  Twitter  Pinterest  Google+

It was announced this morning at our Piqua Parishes, St. Boniface and St. Mary, that Father Angelo Caserta has passed away.
Father Angelo Caserta celebrated his 100th birthday in December. Father Angelo was born in Piqua Ohio and attended Saint Boniface school. He was ordained on February 24, 1945.
Here’s a reprint of Walt Schaefer’s Article from April 2015:

Father Angelo Caserta, at 96 the oldest active priest in the Archdiocese of Cincinnati, called his priesthood a blessing from God.

Prior to celebrating his 70th anniversary Mass March 1 at St. Boniface Church in his home town of Piqua, Father Caserta said, “The Lord has taught me the great love that Christ and the Eternal Father have for people … to allow a priest to be the instrument of God’s love to His people and make Him alive in them and … experience that God is loving them. I have seen that so many times, in fact all of the time.”

Father Caserta was ordained Feb. 24, 1945, by then-Archbishop John Timothy McNicholas. He remembers the day well: “The temperature on that Saturday was a high in the 70s – in February. It was sunny and pleasant. When I was growing up, spring started in the middle of February,” he said.

Is there a secret to his longevity?

“My secret is the good Lord,” he said. “The Lord gets all the credit. I’m the only classmate surviving in my class. Not many average that milestone. There may have been some of the old-timers who did. You know, it’s a celebration of God’s goodness. How He could choose someone like me and take care of me for 70 years while doing His work in the priesthood.”
During his priesthood, Father Caserta served only two parishes, spending most of his years at St. Gregory Seminary, former college seminary of the archdiocese, which closed in 1980; and at Mount St. Mary’s Seminary.
“I was born in Piqua and pastor at St. Boniface. I was pastor of St. Lawrence in Price Hill … from June 9, 1970, through August 7, 1984,” he said. “I spent a lot of time at the seminaries. I was at St. Gregory where I was secretary to the rector and then vice rector to the rector. And, I was at Mount St. Mary’s as well. In 1967, I was assigned to the business manager job.”
He has returned to St. Boniface, where today, “I’m on call … to assist at St. Boniface and at St. Mary parishes. I actually say two Masses on the weekend and then during the week as well I say Masses. I assist at funerals and special celebration of the parishes. I still hear confessions once or twice a week.”

Father Caserta reflects with fondness his life of service.
“In the priesthood one of the greatest gifts is that you meet so many wonderful people. I have met so many wonderful people. It is by the grace of God that I’m a priest. I have had so many wonderful blessings. Everything is still in my mind. I remember practically everything,” he said.
Funeral Services are pending.
[img=0x0]http://www.thecatholictelegraph.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Fr-Caserta.jpg[/img]
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.
Of your charity please pray for the soul of Sharon Rhodes who died this morning. Sharon was a dear friend of our family. If any of you remember my horror story about being a sponsor for RCIA, she was the friend who told me she'd heard everything we were 'learning' and heard it better in Methodist Sunday School.

St Bernard of Clairvaux

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux
Sure thing Jovan.

Pray Pray Pray
  • jovan66102
Pray
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
Today is the 24th anniversary of the death of my step-father, Marion Edward Spiller, the only Father I ever really knew, and tomorrow is the anniversary of the death of a very dear family friend, Virginia Henderson. Of your charity, please pray for the repose of their souls.

St Bernard of Clairvaux

In your charity, may I ask for prayers for the repose of the soul of Father Charles W. Caserta, who passed away today? He was a younger brother of Father Angelo Caserta (see above's post from May). When my family moved back to Ohio in 1973-4, after a bit we settled in Our Lady of the Rosary Church in Dayton, where he was our pastor. Pompadored, cassock-wearing, smoking cigarettes, he stood out against the felt banner crowd we'd endured for the previous four years. I attended the church's school for sixth through eighth grade. While he wasn't able to offer the traditional Mass (our archbishop was Bernadin), he did his best. When I fell away from the Faith, words he'd said were the third earthly ingredient, along with FE main site writing from Vox, Scripture Catholic writings from John Salza, that gave me pause and things to reflect on. Having spent most of the last 15-16 years in a small town in western Ohio, I'd been able to also get to know some of his extended family. I'm happy to call them friends. I hadn't seen Father since running into him at St. Peter-In-Chains Cathedral last year during the Padre St. Pio relic display. Please, pray for repose of his soul, and the consolation of his family.
  • jovan66102