All Souls Chapel & Memorial: Pray for the Dead
In your charity, may I ask for prayers for the repose of the soul of Father Charles W. Caserta, who passed away today? He was a younger brother of Father Angelo Caserta (see above's post from May). When my family moved back to Ohio in 1973-4, after a bit we settled in Our Lady of the Rosary Church in Dayton, where he was our pastor. Pompadored, cassock-wearing, smoking cigarettes, he stood out against the felt banner crowd we'd endured for the previous four years. I attended the church's school for sixth through eighth grade. While he wasn't able to offer the traditional Mass (our archbishop was Bernadin), he did his best. When I fell away from the Faith, words he'd said were the third earthly ingredient, along with FE main site writing from Vox, Scripture Catholic writings from John Salza, that gave me pause and things to reflect on. Having spent most of the last 15-16 years in a small town in western Ohio, I'd been able to also get to know some of his extended family. I'm happy to call them friends. I hadn't seen Father since running into him at St. Peter-In-Chains Cathedral last year during the Padre St. Pio relic display. Please, pray for repose of his soul, and the consolation of his family.
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dahveed's post:
  • jovan66102

Messages In This Thread
RE: All Souls Chapel & Memorial: Pray for the Dead - by dahveed - 10-10-2019, 05:35 PM