A Protestant on Reddit gets it right!
(03-19-2012, 12:14 AM)aquinas138 Wrote:
(03-18-2012, 08:28 PM)jen51 Wrote: Yeh, you are right. Holy Mass and a Protestant church service are infinately different. I was actually thinking about that today in Mass as the Host was being elevated. I can think of several of my Protestant friends who would take major offense if they understood what was going on at Mass. But I have often observed that those "self-respecting" protestants often times make some very respectable Catholics after their conversion.

There was an incident a few years ago at a NO Church in Alabama where some over-zealous Protestants attended a Mass and stormed the altar during the consecration, shouting "Blasphemy!" and trying to turn the altar over.  Something to be said for that level of zeal, though unfortunately misdirected.  Sadly they are more aware of the Tridentine teaching on the propitiatory nature of the Mass than many Catholics.

Haha. How ironic it is that any time they baptize or pray "as a religion" it is sacre;igious and offensive to God.
So, then is the overall question here is weather a person in the condition of this self admitted protestant should be really called a protestant?

Because to be perfectly honest if one begins to no longer object, that is, protest against the Faith, how can you be called a "protestant?"

Or should we take it in a more literal sense and say that even though he or she does not hold as many objections his or her continuous visible separation from the Church should be our sole measurement of this persons protestant designation. It opens a truly philosophical question as with the example of a pagan that converts, is this person formally a pagan up to the minute of his or her baptism or does this person become a Christian the moment they profess their Faith, that being imperfect, but nevertheless active.