Chastisement
On another thread we were discussing the current state of The Church, The prophecies of The Blessed Mother and other such stuff. As part of my lenten practices i am reading through the Old Testament. Just finished Jeremias. Now today i see this:

"The Prophet Muhammad told us that Islam would spread. He told us about the Islamic conquest of Constantinople — Turkey of today — and indeed, it was conquered. He also told us about the conquest of Rome, which is Italy. People find this strange. “How can we conquer Italy?” they say. “We are too weak.” You should consider the number of Muslims in that great Christian center — another person converts to Islam every day. Check on the Internet how many people want to convert to Islam in the very heart of that papal center of Christianity, on their own turf." From http://www.creativeminorityreport.com/20...-rome.html

God used Nabuchodonosor as His instrument against Israel and Juda to exact His vengeance on the Jews for their disobedience and idolatry. Could the islamics be our Babylonians? Or am i just nuts?

Jeremias Ch. 5
"[11] For the house of Israel, and the house of Juda have greatly transgressed against me, saith the Lord. [12] They have denied the Lord, and said, It is not he: and the evil shall not come upon us: we shall not see the sword and famine. [13] The prophets have spoken in the wind, and there was no word of God in them: these things therefore shall befall them. [14] Thus saith the Lord the God of hosts: Because you have spoken this word, behold I will make my words in thy mouth as fire, and this people as wood, and it shall devour them. [15] Behold I will bring upon you a nation from afar, O house of Israel, saith the Lord: a strong nation, an ancient nation, a nation whose language thou shalt not know, nor understand what they say.

[16] Their quiver is as an open sepulchre, they are all valiant. [17] And they shall eat up thy corn, and thy bread: they shall devour thy sons, and thy daughters: they shall eat up thy flocks, and thy herds: they shall eat thy vineyards, and thy figs: and with the sword they shall destroy thy strong cities, wherein thou trustest. [18] Nevertheless in those days, saith the Lord, I will not bring you to utter destruction. [19] And if you shall say: why hath the Lord our God done all these things to us? Thou shalt say to them: As you have forsaken me, and served a strange god in your own land, so shall you serve strangers in a land that is not your own. [20] Declare ye this to the house of Jacob, and publish it in Juda, saying:

[21] Hear, O foolish people, and without understanding: who have eyes, and see not: and ears, and hear not. [22] Will not you then fear me, saith the Lord: and will you not repent at my presence? I have set the sand a bound for the sea, an everlasting ordinance, which it shall not pass over: and the waves thereof shall toss themselves, and shall not prevail: they shall swell, and shall not pass over it. [23] But the heart of this people is become hard of belief and provoking, they are revolted and gone away. [24] And they have not said in their heart: let us fear the Lord our God, who giveth us the early and the latter rain in due season: who preserveth for us the fullness of the yearly harvest. [25] Your iniquities have turned these things away, and your sins have withholden good things from you.

[26] For among my people are found wicked men, that lie in wait as fowlers, setting snares and traps to catch men. [27] As a net is full of birds, so their houses are full of deceit: therefore are they become great and enriched. [28] They are grown gross and fat: and have most wickedly transgressed my words. They have not judged the cause of the widow, they have not managed the cause of the fatherless, they have not judged the judgement of the poor. [29] Shall I not visit for these things, saith the Lord? or shall not my soul take revenge on such a nation? [30] Astonishing and wonderful things have been done in the land.

[31] The prophets prophesied falsehood, and the priests clapped their hands: and my people loved such things: what then shall be done in the end thereof?"

Scripture from http://www.drbo.org/index.htm
They couldn't get pass Charles Martel, and they lost at Lepanto and at the gates of Vienna. Although things look bad, they will not succeed.
I certainly don't think you are nuts at all to think God could use Islam as a chastisement. Personally I think the secular humanist cultures of modern Europe will be utterly routed by Islam, the peoples being made the cruel slaves of Mohammed. Think about it, today's Western Man believes in nothing but a false "tolerance" and the Muslims know this. In fact one terrorist once said "we will use your democracy to destroy your democracy" and they are. It is coming to pass especially in Europe. Or so it seems. Once they get a demographic majority you can kiss the great Cathedrals and all the other beautiful artwork goodbye. They will go the way of the Bamiyan Buddhas in Afghanistan or be turned into mosques like the Hagia Sophia. Maybe once Europeans are face to face with the cruelty and barbarism of Muslim rule they will start to turn again to the Faith. As one priest I know of pointed out, in one of the Fatima images our Lady is seen standing atop a crescent moon--the symbol of Islam.  Ultimately our Lady will crush the head of Islam. God will not let Islam win forever, but it could gain the upper hand for a long time depending on whether or not Europe returns to the Faith and bands together to face it down and drive it out.

The way I see it, if the Church mirrors the life of Christ there will be a time when, just like our Lord, she will lie in her tomb for three days only to rise again in glory. Of course this is some speculation on my part and I don't know if "three days" it will be literally "three days" but hopefully you see what I mean. Part of me thinks the crisis in the Church and in the West is so deep it will take something like the destruction of St. Peters, the assassination of the Pope and or a new Muslim dark ages for Europe before we wake from our secular humanist relativist modernist slumber. Of course I hope it doesn't come to that but at this point I don't see it any other way.
Islam will be the scourge of the apostate christianity, non only in Europe but in ALL the former christian countries.
But this will not last forever since there is another prophecy saying for example that the Saint Sophia Basilica of Constantinople in a remote future will be given back to the cult of the true Faith.
Indeed it will be a great day when the Hagia Sophia is in Catholic hands again. May that day be soon.
Stop the hate! Islam is part of God's plan of salvation! They worship the same God as we do!

You people are medieval nutcases!
(03-21-2012, 10:23 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Stop the hate! Islam is part of God's plan of salvation! They worship the same God as we do!

Actually, most people in the Middle Ages seem to have believed that Muslims did worship the same God. Or at least those Christians who saw it as a heresy did.
(03-21-2012, 10:48 PM)Crusading Philologist Wrote:
(03-21-2012, 10:23 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Stop the hate! Islam is part of God's plan of salvation! They worship the same God as we do!

Actually, most people in the Middle Ages seem to have believed that Muslims did worship the same God. Or at least those Christians who saw it as a heresy did.

Right!

Vatican II was correct all along. Stupid me.
Most of the prophecies regarding the Chastisement seem to indicate that communism, rather than Islam, will be the instrument.  Perhaps a combination of communism and Islam?  Islam has little or nothing in common with communism, however.