Getting tired of secular people's crap
So, I get impatient as I get older.  And I get bolder with the things I think and say. 

I'm about to get banned on Catholic Answers Forum.  Atheists are asking to justify the existence of hell.  Ultimately, I have gotten one to betray the fact that he's just trying to solidify his position as an atheist.  So, I've said the following to him.  It's not nice, really.  But I don't care.  I think the world is full of cowards, and maybe this guy needs someone to throw it in his face or something.  I dunno.  I'll present the last part of the thread (which may soon be locked anyway), and I'll take your thoughts on my reaction.

P.S.  He denies that this fruitless dialogue is about fortifying his atheism, here.  I think he's full of crap.

http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=647617

- - - - - -

Its not about fortifying my atheism...

... But can it ever hurt to ask?

No, it cannot hurt. But I find it to be a massive waste of time. If you truly do not believe in God and eternal consequences for the things you do here which follow you after you transition from this period of your existence, then why are you wasting your time dabbling on the internet like this? Why care? Why even have a stupid job?

If there is no Universal Order and no Judgement, then you really ought to go do whatever you would like, regardless of the consequences to others. That's one thing I do not understand about those pots who deny there is a potter. There should be legions of Genghis Khans out there, tearing things apart and living a life of whimsy. Instead, it's a mass subdued people who happily or begrudgingly submit to the State. If there is no eternal Judgement, what are you waiting for? And why are you talking to me? This is such a waste of your time.

Myself? I think your father is Satan.
Unfortunately I only have time to skim this quickly right now, but thank you so much for posting it here. I will read it soon. This is going to help me a great deal.

:hello!:
Dude, I'd just let it go.  This isn't the first time you've posted a link to some discussion you're having elsewhere on the interwebz that's getting you heated.  And it doesn't look like this particular discussion is anymore than a dung-throwing competition.  Maybe you should take it easy on the internet arguments?
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
Remember, you only have yourself to answer for. No sense in wasting time with these people, just pray for their conversion.
Liberal Catholics anger me much more easily than evangelicals or Protestants. At least with a conservative evangelical there is SOMETHING we can agree on. Not so with neo-Catholics.
(03-21-2012, 10:59 AM)WesternWarrior Wrote: Remember, you only have yourself to answer for. No sense in wasting time with these people, just pray for their conversion.

This. We all have to give a good witness but maybe you're going out of your way to beat your head against a wall. The blessing of having a traditional parish and this website is that we can spend more time being edified by others than we do wearing ourselves out in arguments.
LaramieHirsch if it hasn't already been mentioned in the Catholic Answers Forum thread you might want to add that God is not sending people to hell, they are doing it themselves by their unbelief.  To bolster this you might want to quote the Bible tracks where it mentions that there will be a new Heaven and a new Earth and the first earth will be gone (Numbers 16:30, Isaias 65:17, Isaias 66:22, 2 Peter 3:13 and Apocalypse 21:1).  Not just the verse numbers but the actual verses.  Then say it's his choice.  For the Christian Zionists at the Catholic Answers Forum you might also want to mention the new Jerusalem that will come down out of heaven from God (Apocalypse 3:12 and Apocalypse 21:2).  That kind of draws any importance away from the earthly Jerusalem of the Zionists.  Two birds with one stone.

Personally LaramieHirsch I think you'd be doing the atheist a good turn by telling him that it would be his choice if he ends up in hell.
At CAF, you don't do much good my making a few posts and getting banned.  Just making a few points and leaving is the best method I've found.  Give everyone a few points to think about and then move on to the next discussion before the mods come.  Typically going much further than maybe a three or four post discussion turns into an argument that goes nowhere.
This is not heaven. Sigh.  It is the valley of tears.  And we are not home yet.
(03-21-2012, 01:56 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote: Dude, I'd just let it go.  This isn't the first time you've posted a link to some discussion you're having elsewhere on the interwebz that's getting you heated.  And it doesn't look like this particular discussion is anymore than a dung-throwing competition.  Maybe you should take it easy on the internet arguments?

Here, let me take my valium!  Joking aside, I feel compelled to participate more on the attacks against us.  There is such a lack of people standing up for the Faith.  Instead, what I witness is a bunch of people claiming high intelligence and regurgitating their brilliance to the choir here in Catholic land.  I'm a little older now, and though I am not a good apologist, I feel compelled to stand up where I see such a vacancy.  (Though, I'm not making this a hobby or a quest or anything.  Just a current habit.)

(03-21-2012, 10:59 AM)WesternWarrior Wrote: Remember, you only have yourself to answer for. No sense in wasting time with these people, just pray for their conversion.

So, I am not my brother's keeper?

(03-21-2012, 12:38 PM)mikemac Wrote: LaramieHirsch if it hasn't already been mentioned in the Catholic Answers Forum thread you might want to add that...

In that particular thread, there's already a good half dozen other Catholics doing the mindless brainwork (if there is such a thing).  Many factual, historical, and logical arguments are being presented to the atheists, but I truly do not think they care one wit. 

In my opinion, the true people receiving this message are the spectators.  I rarely, anymore, expect the person I'm confronting to open their mind enough to grasp what I am saying.  Besides, if they truly were interested in a heart-to-heart discussion, I'd imagine the dialogue to take place in e-mail form, not on a public forum for all to see.

As for my tone, I am merely considering how Christ would address the Pharisees and sophists of His day.  The subdued timid suggestion method doesnt seem to work (after a few decades of observation.)