Getting tired of secular people's crap
Pray for their guardian angels to enlighten them before you get into a conversation. I read that is what St. Francis De Sales used to do, especially right before he gave a sermon. One thing I have learned is that not everyone has good will and not everyone is willing to listen to rational arguments. Heck, today there are countless folks who do not even really believe in reason. They just want to pick fights. At any rate maybe you are planting seeds in these peoples hearts. Perhaps something you say might actually wake them up later on. Your engaging these atheists and others might actually bear fruit in the future. Pray for these folks and maybe even find someone to say Mass for them. They need much grace to life the veil from their hearts, especially in a culture like this that educates us to believe in nothing.
I'll consolidate any further discussion of my CAF situation over to this thread here:

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...sg33707138

I really think I should just be continuing Catholic_Lawyer's "We need to stand up to anti-Catho​lic bullies" thread.

I only wonder this one thing:  Do such confrontations on the different forums and blogs interest anyone?
[11] And into whatsoever city or town you shall enter, inquire who in it is worthy, and there abide till you go thence. [12] And when you come into the house, salute it, saying: Peace be to this house. [13] And if that house be worthy, your peace shall come upon it; but if it be not worthy, your peace shall return to you. [14] And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words: going forth out of that house or city shake off the dust from your feet. [15] Amen I say to you, it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.
Matthew 10-11-15

I'm just following commands.
(03-21-2012, 09:19 PM)WesternWarrior Wrote: [11] And into whatsoever city or town you shall enter, inquire who in it is worthy, and there abide till you go thence. [12] And when you come into the house, salute it, saying: Peace be to this house. [13] And if that house be worthy, your peace shall come upon it; but if it be not worthy, your peace shall return to you. [14] And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words: going forth out of that house or city shake off the dust from your feet. [15] Amen I say to you, it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.
Matthew 10-11-15

I'm just following commands.

True.  I know not to invest my time in them if they do not care.  Actually, I feel I'm investing my time in the argument itself, and that it is for the sake of the spectators, ultimately.

Ultimately, it was they who came onto a Catholic forum in the first place.  Not vice-versa. 

Also, a bit before the passage you quoted to me, it instructs the apostles to go in pairs.  Yet, I have difficulty getting any help from anyone else there on that forum. 
(03-21-2012, 01:27 AM)LaramieHirsch Wrote: No, it cannot hurt. But I find it to be a massive waste of time. If you truly do not believe in God and eternal consequences for the things you do here which follow you after you transition from this period of your existence, then why are you wasting your time dabbling on the internet like this? Why care? Why even have a stupid job?

If there is no Universal Order and no Judgement, then you really ought to go do whatever you would like, regardless of the consequences to others. That's one thing I do not understand about those pots who deny there is a potter. There should be legions of Genghis Khans out there, tearing things apart and living a life of whimsy. Instead, it's a mass subdued people who happily or begrudgingly submit to the State. If there is no eternal Judgement, what are you waiting for? And why are you talking to me? This is such a waste of your time.

Mohammed Merah certainly did what he wanted.  Got to hand it to him that for 23 years old he had a lot of balls and went out fighting.

Ruthless son of a bitch, but you certainly cannot call him lukewarm.

The best model for Atheism is probably the investment banker or young yuppie professional making lots of money, or middle aged sex tourist in the third world.  Sometimes you do meet people like this who are utterly selfish.

Thing is there ARE consequences. even temporal ones.  STDs, prison, corrupt customs officials, stress related illness, lawyers, gold-diggers and banana skins.
Im with laramie to a degree. I think its time some heads get cracked in this out of control land. Buf the sheeple refuse to fight. So I am guilty of picking a fight...because imo the time to talk is over. Its a cartharsis for the frustrating position red blooded catholic men are experinceing. CRY HAVOK AND LET LOOSE THE DOGS OF WAR
While I'm not personally into debate (that phase of my life is OVAH!; I can't take it), I'm glad others out there can deal with it. I think, though, that if it "gets to you," you've got to reassess some things. I think it's best to not go into an internet debate thinking you're going to "win" or get the person arguing with you to change his mind. I've found that most people who claim to like "debate" are really just wanting to fight. They're not interested in Truth, but in "winning." The best way to approach things, IMO, is to write for the folks reading over your shoulder -- and do so with heaps of charity, some non-aggressive humor, stunning brilliance (ha), and without snarkiness. Answer the person's questions, offer challenges, but, on an emotional level, pretend he's a robot or something and really be writing for all the thousands of people who are reading and really are wanting to learn something. KWIM?
But some of us are of a warrior bent :grin: