I can't believe this isn't getting discussed on FE!
(03-21-2012, 04:23 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote: No this is the only course. Also this invite seems codified that they accept VAT2 whole ...in not so many words...its like they are saying come be with us...just like they would say to the buddists or animists....or am I exaggerating.

I don't know. The Vatican II didn't define "exaggerating".
The man is right.  The time is now or never, the SSPX needs to either fight for the Church or die alone.
Would like to see the SSPX canonically regulated WITHIN the Roman Catholic Church.

It is to the point where you are either 'in' or 'out'.  And out goes farther and father out: look at protestantism or the 'old catholics', etc.
(03-21-2012, 05:42 PM)Magdalene Wrote: Would like to see the SSPX canonically regulated WITHIN the Roman Catholic Church.

It is to the point where you are either 'in' or 'out'.  And out goes farther and father out: look at protestantism or the 'old catholics', etc.

It's conciliar authorities who are "out"...in left field.

It's as if someone were saying "why isn't the sun in synch with the earth?  Why does it have to keep moving farther and farther away"? 

...it's not the sun that's moving.  (NOTE: not an attempt to derail on galileo or whatever).
The only thing keeping them out per se.... is their unwillingness to accept vat2 in the spirit is commonly held by the revolutionarys.. when Ironically it is the revolutionaries who are out side church... and s s p x who are actually in... until this is admitted... there will be nothing but a final stalemate.
(03-21-2012, 02:29 PM)Gerard Wrote:
(03-21-2012, 02:04 PM)JayneK Wrote: Positions that have been held by trads all along are becoming acceptable in way they have not ever been before.  I think the reconciliation of the SSPX would solidify the gains already made and take us even further.

No gains will have any staying power until the hierarchy actually condemns officially the errors of the day regardless of whether they are or are not directly tied to Vatican II. 

I can't argue for my opinion on this and it isn't worth much anyhow.  Really, the only useful thing I have to contribute is to pray "Lord, Thy will be done."  I prayed a Rosary for this intention today. I entrust the matter to God.
(03-21-2012, 01:38 PM)Unum Sint Wrote:
(03-21-2012, 12:57 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: I am unaware of any public debate whatsoever on the Council.  In fact, from what I have seen from the Vatican, Vatican II is being held as dogmatically binding and infallible.  So...   

But, it's good to see people not treating the Society like the ugly stepsister, when they have just been Catholic and holding to what they have been passed on.

That's strange because I have posted at least 3 stories this and last year regarding the open discussion and criticism of Vatican II from inside the Church both by Bishops and priests which would have been unthinkable during JPII.

So I do not see what u say as accurate in the least.

Sandro Magister has been documenting the debate (pro VII Bologna school vs. up and comers reassessing the council) in Italy and publishing essays by third parties in the clergy for quite a few years now at www.chiesa
Why should the SSPX "come to Rome"? To praise Luther?

And what happens if they don't? Are they on the road to hell, unlike Protestants, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Animists, Atheists, etc.?
(03-21-2012, 08:05 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Why should the SSPX "come to Rome"? To praise Luther?

And what happens if they don't? Are they on the road to hell, unlike Protestants, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Animists, Atheists, etc.?

Don't you see vetus?  The only thing standing in between us and the golden age of man is the toleration of intolerance...
(03-21-2012, 08:17 PM)Norbert Wrote:
(03-21-2012, 08:05 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Why should the SSPX "come to Rome"? To praise Luther?

Don't you see vetus?  The only thing standing in between us and the golden age of man is the toleration of intolerance...

Hey, if the magisterium now "teaches" that everyone under the sun is part of God's plan of salvation, who am I to disagree?

We can't think for ourselves and make up our own minds, we're not Protestants! We just pray, pay and obey like good Catholics.