Serious Help Needed
(03-28-2012, 03:12 PM)The Curt Jester Wrote: I'd guess MySQL.   No idea if I'm right though. 

I'd guess that too, but mainly because it is the only one I've worked with recently. I think it is commonly used. But I'm not about to claim any expertise, that is for sure.
OK, yes, it looks like SMF uses MySQL.  So that helps.

Vox, have you tried technical support with the company that manages your hosting?

Also, can you SSH into your server?
You have a new single donation from me. Same amount as last time.
Hope it helps!
Done.  My prayers too.
I'm putting a donation in the mail tomorrow; hope it helps!

:pray2:
(03-28-2012, 02:17 PM)cgraye Wrote: Wait a minute.  Before just throwing a bunch of money at the problem, could you give us some more information?  Why is this corruption happening?  What specifically is wrong?  With enough details, some of us might be able to help.
Regardless,  donations are necessary for this site to survive.
Inspite of the terrible server problem, whoever can donate, please do.
Good luck and God bless.

is there an address that a money order could be sent to??  for reasons I'd rather not go into here, I don't use PayPal but I am happy to make a donation
I just did a quick google search on SMF MYSQL corrupt, and the first case I saw similar to yours was, sure 'nuf, a hardware problem.
(03-28-2012, 11:05 PM)catholicschoolmom Wrote: is there an address that a money order could be sent to??  for reasons I'd rather not go into here, I don't use PayPal but I am happy to make a donation

Yes, you can find it on this page: http://www.fisheaters.com/donations/donate.html
If the database is repairable to the point that the forum is useable at all, I don't think there is a deeper database issue at fault.  I suspect it is either something the forum software is doing that is corrupting the database regularly (in which case we can probably tap other users of this free software for their experience in fixing it) or a hardware problem (in which case it would be the responsibility of whoever manages the server to deal with it).  Vox, have you contacted whoever owns your server and informed them of these database corruptions so that they can check the hard drives, power supply, etc.?