Serious Help Needed
Giving the money plea is never fun. :(  I hope it generates some donations for you to keep us up and running! A few  bucks a month is the least I can do for something that has been such a blessing to me since I stumbled upon it a month ago.

Thankyou for all that you do, Vox. God bless you, and God bless Fisheaters!
If it is a hardware issue, then shouldn't you be able to be refunded/credited for a few months?  That would probably be somewhat helpful, especially if the issue is a server issue, and not anything that is wrong on the software/user side.
Speaking of hardware with the server...

Perhaps if the server itself is conflicting and changes might have to be made anyway it wouldn't hurt to see if there is a cheaper dedicated server available that will still serve FE's needs.  I know the goal was to keep things fast for the users, but it's my own opinion that it's best to start low and see if it works, then move up if it doesn't.  If even $50 could be saved per month, that's quite a bit of savings.
For all the good FE has done for people, and including myself nowadays, I've taken the plunge and begun monthly donations. Hope they help!
The database is MYSQL and "the server people" are fully aware of what's going on (in fact, the second to the last time things went wonky, it was they who worked on it for about two days) and have been told to check for hardware issues. From what I know only secondhand as (despite what the forum software put under my avatar) a non-geek, it's either a "deep" database issue (how that possibility was described to me) or a hardware issue. The server people seem to think it's not a hardware issue, so...

I hate this. Everything always feels so tenuous now, like any second everything will just disappear.

Thanks to everyone who's given so far. This is all so frustrating. I'm sorry...
I will donate 500 dollars.  You can thank our friends at the other place for encouraging me.

http://www.cathinfo.com/catholic.php?a=topic&t=17746&min=50&num=10

pm me for payment options as my job is to take money from banks, not the other way around.
Good man gg. And a special thanks to Josephine.
What is little known is Ggreg is a direct descendant of Robin of Loxely, and keeps the family motto "take from the rich and give to the poor". Beware Banksters especially those that live in the "City". Bravo, my English friend !

hehehe

tim
Tim, you don't know how right you are. :LOL:

If you're going to be a leech you need to find the fattest, richest host to draw blood from.

Actually my most famous British ancestor was a Yeoman of the Guard and the Chief Armourer at the Tower of London about 300-400 years ago (or so I've been told).

Probably why I like a good Sirloin steak.

(03-29-2012, 05:44 AM)ggreg Wrote: I will donate 500 dollars.  You can thank our friends at the other place for encouraging me.

http://www.cathinfo.com/catholic.php?a=topic&t=17746&min=50&num=10

pm me for payment options as my job is to take money from banks, not the other way around.

Haha, ggreg, you take their poking and prodding so well. This makes me laugh.

And here's to ggreg and his generosity!!!!!  :champagne: