Serious Help Needed
(03-29-2012, 05:17 PM)charlesh Wrote: ggreg got roasted! haha. Hey, if that's what it takes to get $500 to FE... Still, it wasn't as bad as the roast of David Hasselhoff. That was so bad, I had to turn it off. Those Hollywood types know how to roast someone.

No kidding.  There were some really funny parts, but what wasn't funny was absolutely profane and vile.  Not fit for watching by anyone.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
That forum is vile. I can't believe WRC would rather hang out with the knuckle-draggers and mouth-breathers there rather than here.  >:(
Vox, it may be easier to raise the money if we had a concrete number to shoot for.  I know that that would certainly help Rose and I determine how much to give.  And maybe also a concrete number that could assure that FE remains up and running for the next year, or something like that.

I think that there are a lot of people, Rose and I included, who could not imagine life without FE.  That may sound corny, but it's a community that is a pretty big part of our lives and our faith.  I think that we have the numbers and the dedication to keep things afloat. 
(03-30-2012, 04:02 AM)Walty Wrote: Vox, it may be easier to raise the money if we had a concrete number to shoot for.  I know that that would certainly help Rose and I determine how much to give.  And maybe also a concrete number that could assure that FE remains up and running for the next year, or something like that.

I think that there are a lot of people, Rose and I included, who could not imagine life without FE.  That may sound corny, but it's a community that is a pretty big part of our lives and our faith.  I think that we have the numbers and the dedication to keep things afloat. 

Walty makes a very good point.  It would be very motivating to have a "goal" to shoot for, and periodic reports on how we are doing - just as big-time and smaller fund raisers do.

Obviously the need for money is on-going, and it probably would be difficult to come up with concrete numbers.  But I think that having them every year or so would be very helpful to "the cause".
I would like to note something that is both awesome and kind of funny.   I posted a link for a book on amazon in a decidedly liberal group on FB.  I have the amazon fish eaters portal on my shortcuts bar, so i just click on that every time I look something up on amazon.  I noticed that the link I posted retained the referrer number, so if anybody clicks on that link to by that book...they'll be supporting a traditional catholic forum.

This strikes me as wildly funny and a bit subversive.  :pieinface: 8) :metal: :thumb:  :LOL:
(03-29-2012, 02:21 PM)The Curt Jester Wrote:
(03-29-2012, 05:44 AM)ggreg Wrote: I will donate 500 dollars.  You can thank our friends at the other place for encouraging me.

http://www.cathinfo.com/catholic.php?a=topic&t=17746&min=50&num=10

pm me for payment options as my job is to take money from banks, not the other way around.

I took a look over there.  According to the rules, that thread should be locked or at least some posters rebuked because it breaks a couple of rules:

Everything in charity and the part about wanting intelligent discussion. 

They're too busy proclaiming what great Catholics they are and backbiting and detracting and what not to worry about such things as charity. 
Walty, the site itself now costs $3K a year to run at present costs, barring any "issues" like having to hire people for this database stuff, re-registering domain names (I think we're good for another 6 years on that, not sure), and stuff like that. The database thing here: I am still not sure of the costs but know that my friend who was helping me for free said that if I'd had to pay him it would have cost "thousands" for what he's done so far -- but he did a lot of work over days. I'm guessing that if the expert guy looks at the database he could fix it in one swoop so I likely have raised enough for that part already. I hope anyway!

As to the former stuff -- the straight-out running of the site -- a handful more subscribers would take care of that, even at the lower levels of subscription, cause it DOES add up. Someone might think "$4.00" what could it matter? But if five people go for it, that's $20. Twenty-five go for it and that's almost half the monthly costs right there.

Right now the forum seems to be behaving... Wonder how long it will last this time... Scary!
How about some kind of graphic or donations bar....and a placard of the names of contributors...like in church
(03-31-2012, 07:22 AM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote: How about some kind of graphic or donations bar....and a placard of the names of contributors...like in church

I don't know how to do that (and don't know how such a thing could handle subscriptions -- and cancellations of subscriptions -- which go to monthly costs vs. one-time donations and donations for a crisis kind of thing like this database issue, which, like I said, I think will be OK with what I've got now).
(03-31-2012, 01:25 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote:
(03-31-2012, 07:22 AM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote: How about some kind of graphic or donations bar....and a placard of the names of contributors...like in church

I don't know how to do that (and don't know how such a thing could handle subscriptions -- and cancellations of subscriptions -- which go to monthly costs vs. one-time donations and donations for a crisis kind of thing like this database issue, which, like I said, I think will be OK with what I've got now).
[Image: signs_of_the_times_008.jpg]

:grin:I keeeeed I keeeed :grin: