Rome excommunicates four Ukrainian bishops
Full story from a variety of sources.
These are the Ukrainians who went sede, correct? I've heard a few things about them.
Bishop Fellay can advise them how to get un-excommunicated.
(03-30-2012, 12:07 PM)francisco Wrote: Bishop Fellay can advise them how to get un-excommunicated.

:eyeroll:
Will Fr. Z will post about this with Pope Benedict getting the blame for being "the Pope of Christian Disunity." 

I also wonder if the architects of Vatican II expected sedevacantism and these schisms resulting from the liberal scandals of the Popes.

It seems from reading the article, "no one may judge the Pope" but if they judge the Pope in a  positive light, they let that slide. 

I've often imagined a confession scenario like this: 

Penitent: "Bless me Father for I have sinned....I sat in judgment of the Pope." 

Priest;" What did you say?"

Penitent: "I said the Pope was doing a great job in ecumenical affairs."

Priest:" Well, that's not judging the Pope"

Penitent: " You mean the Pope only gets credit for leading the Church well and bears no responsibility when things go wrong?  That's a sweet deal."

Priest:" Well...."

Penitent" "So St. Paul sinned when he blasted St. Peter?" 

Priest:"Well..." 

They appointed themselves bishops?  :O

Were they even consecrated, or did they just start saying they were?
(03-30-2012, 03:04 PM)Parmandur Wrote: They appointed themselves bishops?  :O

It's not clear.  They claim they were consecrated but will not name the bishop. 
(03-30-2012, 02:45 PM)Gerard Wrote: Penitent" "So St. Paul sinned when he blasted St. Peter?" 

This is always a very fun thing to ask the neoCatholics.
(03-30-2012, 05:33 PM)spasiisochrani Wrote:
(03-30-2012, 03:04 PM)Parmandur Wrote: They appointed themselves bishops?  :O

It's not clear.  They claim they were consecrated but will not name the bishop. 

Yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaah.

Super-sketchy.
(03-30-2012, 02:45 PM)Gerard Wrote: Will Fr. Z will post about this with Pope Benedict getting the blame for being "the Pope of Christian Disunity." 

I also wonder if the architects of Vatican II expected sedevacantism and these schisms resulting from the liberal scandals of the Popes.

It seems from reading the article, "no one may judge the Pope" but if they judge the Pope in a  positive light, they let that slide. 

I've often imagined a confession scenario like this: 

Penitent: "Bless me Father for I have sinned....I sat in judgment of the Pope." 

Priest;" What did you say?"

Penitent: "I said the Pope was doing a great job in ecumenical affairs."

Priest:" Well, that's not judging the Pope"

Penitent: " You mean the Pope only gets credit for leading the Church well and bears no responsibility when things go wrong?  That's a sweet deal."

Priest:" Well...."

Penitent" "So St. Paul sinned when he blasted St. Peter?" 

I actually confessed something along these lines before.  The priest (a conservative NO type) said it depends on what I said, but he didn't make the distinction of it being a sin to criticize and not a sin to praise, but a sin to ad hominen, not a sin to criticize (his exact words were: "it's a problem if you say 'boy, p. Benedict is a _____' as opposed to 'boy, when p. Benedict DID _________, he really dropped the bal'l")

That's always made sense to me.

More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.