trad environments
(04-05-2012, 12:20 PM)Jacafamala Wrote:
(04-03-2012, 02:30 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: The only thing you have to know about clergy, trad and non-trad alike, is what ultimately matters to them: money. In the end, and moralisms aside, that's what keeps everything running smoothly.

As long as there's money in the parish, the mission, the institute, the school, etc., you name it, it's all okay. If the money's gone, no amount of appeals to charity will do. "Friends and benefactors" indeed.

If that were true, they'd have become corporate lawyers or something else. Look, I'm not saying money isn't important. Just that it's not ultimately the most important thing for any decent priest.

Decent priests are usually very few.

Most dioceses, not to mention the Roman curia, are much like corporate law firms. No money, no deal.
(04-05-2012, 01:12 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(04-05-2012, 12:20 PM)Jacafamala Wrote:
(04-03-2012, 02:30 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: The only thing you have to know about clergy, trad and non-trad alike, is what ultimately matters to them: money. In the end, and moralisms aside, that's what keeps everything running smoothly.

As long as there's money in the parish, the mission, the institute, the school, etc., you name it, it's all okay. If the money's gone, no amount of appeals to charity will do. "Friends and benefactors" indeed.

If that were true, they'd have become corporate lawyers or something else. Look, I'm not saying money isn't important. Just that it's not ultimately the most important thing for any decent priest.

Decent priests are usually very few.

Most dioceses, not to mention the Roman curia, are much like corporate law firms. No money, no deal.

I thank God for my priests. They're the best.

I'll just ad that in the case of Fr. Ripperger, those who don't agree with him ought to do so with respect by virtue of his office.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton