Male, 22, Virginia
Sex:  Male
Age as of posting date:  22
Birthdate:  3/11/1990
Patron Saint by Confirmation:  St. Francis de Sales
Number of children (e.g. born from: former valid marriage that ended in death of spouse; invalid marriage; rape; past sins, etc. No need to enter details here! Just list number of children you care for): 0
Would you relocate if you met the right person?  I don't plan on living here after I finish school, so if there are lots of jobs and a good parish in your area, I'm all for it.
EF, SSPX, both, or other? EF
Novus Ordo if that's all there is? Yes
Introvert or extrovert?  Introvert
Keirsey personality type: INTJ
Ethnic heritage: Irish, English, Russian, Scottish
Is meeting someone of like ethnicity very important to you, just a bonus, or unimportant?  Nope.
Is there an ideal age range for the person you'd like to marry? How important is this? 18-28. I wouldn't go outside of this range unless it really clicked.
In what manner do you interpret the Church's approval of NFP? At face value. I would like to avoid its usage as much as I can, but sometimes that isn't realistic.
What would the headship of the husband look like in your ideal home?  He would be the spiritual head of the house, leading the family in prayer as well as instructing the children in the Faith and keeping a watch over the care of the souls entrusted to him. Everything else follows from this, I think.
How do you feel about women working outside the home?  I think it's undesirable, but as the necessity of it varies on a case by case basis, I won't say it's wrong. I've chosen a career path where it won't be necessary.
How do you feel about women in pants? I haven't given it much thought, to be honest. The lengths to which I've seen it talked about are kind of ridiculous, honestly.
Of the seven deadly sins (pride, greed, gluttony, sloth, lust, anger, envy), which is the most challenging for you? Lust
What would others say are your annoying habits or bothersome attributes?  I sometimes am so zealous to know something that I'm impolite. I also enjoy being right too much sometimes.
What are the most important things you desire in a spouse? A woman who complements me well, who is devout, and who will help me pass on that devotion to children.
What, if anything, have you learned from past relationships with the opposite sex? Open communication is golden and without it you can have lots of problems.
Political ideals:  I find politics disgusting. I don't consider myself political.
Education: Currently pursuing a BS in Electrical Engineering. I haven't decided whether or not I'll go for the MS, but it would add 10k to my starting salary...
Employment:  part-time grocery clerk
Health: I'm never sick. No illnesses of any sort.
Allergies: None
Smoke?  When I go to a party with friends, I almost always buy a pack of cigarettes and give most of them away during the course of the night. It's a nice excuse to have a one on one conversation with a person(something I relish as I don't like hanging out in groups). I don't smoke between parties and I also don't go to parties that regularly.
Drink? Yes.
Night owl or morning lark? I can do either one. I prefer getting up early, but I only do it when I have a good reason.
How messy or disorganized are you? I'm messy with a sense of purpose.
What makes you laugh?I guess I'm a fan of really absurd jokes. Everything from Monty Python to Steve Martin's The Jerk. Also, sarcasm and irony.
What are the little things that please or delight you? Children, a good cup of coffee, genuine smiles.
What would you like to be doing in 10 years ideally?If you continue on your present course and don't meet the person of your dreams, what do you think you actually will be doing  given your gifts and goals?  Ideally in 10 years I would be married, raising children and working as an electrical engineer for a company in a large metropolitan area. If I don't meet someone before then, I imagine I would still be doing that
Intellectual interests:  I'm kind of a chameleon when it comes to these things. When I was younger I was really into theology, literature, and philosophy. Anymore I'm into film, mathematics, and of course my field- electrical engineering.
Hobbies:  I don't seem to have much time for these...film is certainly at the top of my list, followed by reading. I enjoy manually brewing coffee and I am sometimes known to cook.
Top 5 Favorite books of all time:  Wise Blood by Flannery O'Connor, the Crying of Lot 49 by Thomas Pynchon, The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky, A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce, and All the Pretty Horses by Cormac McCarthy.
The last 5 books you read (don't lie!). Are these books typical of you?: The Violent Bear it Away by Flannery O'Connor, A Confederacy of Dunces by Peter Kennedy Toole, Introduction to the Devout Life by St. Francis de Sales, The Imitation of Christ by Thomas Kempis, and Wise Blood. These books are very typical of me.
Music you actually listen to most often:  This varies really frequently. Sometimes I'll be in a huge Classical fix and I'll listen to Bach exclusively for a month straight and other times I'll be completely content with whatever my friends are listening to or the radio is playing. It doesn't follow any pattern that I know, either. I almost always value complex and artistically difficult pieces over simple ones, though.
Favorite movies/TV shows:  Diary of a Country Priest, Andrei Rublev, 2001: A Space Odyssey, 8 ½, La Dolce Vita, anything Ingmar Bergman, Love and Death, Annie Hall, Hannah and Her Sisters, Vertigo, Notorioius, Yojimbo, Rashamon, The 400 Blows, Breathless, La Grande Illusion, Pickpocket, The Trial of Joan of Arc, A Man Escaped, Aguirre: The Wrath of God, Stroszek, Casablanca, The Maltese Falcon, Chinatown, Sunset Boulevard, The Offering, Solaris, The Mirror, Raging Bull, Taxi Driver, Barton Fink, and many many more.
Favorite foods: Curry, Hummus, Basmati Rice, Risotto rice, among others.
Serious pet peeves:  Grammar nazis, philistines, and fogies.
Pets you have, pets you desire, pets you'd put up with: I love cats. I have no pets. I would tolerate a dog, and if it's the right dog I may even enjoy it, but cats are my favorite. I don't like weird pets, but if it's not smelly and it doesn't take up too much space, I can learn to tolerate it.
Idea of a romantic evening:  I wrote a very detailed one for the FE Bachelorette game, but the gist: looking for hidden gems at a flea market, going for authentic Mexican food at a local restaurant, and strolling through downtown looking at old Catholic Churches and hotels, stopping in one at a nice bar for a drink. I've always found walking at night to be magical.
Smoke?  When I go to a party with friends, I almost always buy a pack of cigarettes and give most of them away during the course of the night. It's a nice excuse to have a one on one conversation with a person(something I relish as I don't like hanging out in groups). I don't smoke between parties and I also don't go to parties that regularly.

Could you clarify this?  Do you mean: "It's a nice excuse to have one on one"? or  "It's a nice excuse to have one"?

GRAMMAR NAZI SABOTAGE!!!! :LOL:
How messy or disorganized are you? I'm messy with a sense of purpose.

A very interesting answer!! Does this mean you have a certain organisation within your "mess"?
(04-03-2012, 07:38 AM)Teresia Wrote: How messy or disorganized are you? I'm messy with a sense of purpose.

A very interesting answer!! Does this mean you have a certain organisation within your "mess"?

To the untrained eye, my home would look like a mess, but to me I know where everything is at all times and while items aren't in the spot they're in for a good reason, I allow them to remain there. The entire time I lived in Blacksburg I didn't even have a dresser. I'm not sure if I'll take one with me when I move back or not...
(04-02-2012, 08:56 PM)drummerboy Wrote: Smoke?  When I go to a party with friends, I almost always buy a pack of cigarettes and give most of them away during the course of the night. It's a nice excuse to have a one on one conversation with a person(something I relish as I don't like hanging out in groups). I don't smoke between parties and I also don't go to parties that regularly.

Could you clarify this?  Do you mean: "It's a nice excuse to have one on one"? or  "It's a nice excuse to have one"?

Lol.  I think you misread?  A one on one conversation.  Meaning, if you smoke with someone, you can chit chat and talk.  One on one.  :P

#grammarnazifail?  :LOL:
(04-03-2012, 08:50 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:
(04-02-2012, 08:56 PM)drummerboy Wrote: Smoke?  When I go to a party with friends, I almost always buy a pack of cigarettes and give most of them away during the course of the night. It's a nice excuse to have a one on one conversation with a person(something I relish as I don't like hanging out in groups). I don't smoke between parties and I also don't go to parties that regularly.

Lol.  I think you misread?  A one on one conversation.  Meaning, if you smoke with someone, you can chit chat and talk.  One on one.  :P

#grammarnazifail?   :LOL:

I will find where you live....and beat you with soft pillows!  >:(
(04-03-2012, 09:34 PM)drummerboy Wrote:
(04-03-2012, 08:50 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:

#grammarnazifail?   :LOL:

I will find where you live....and beat you with soft pillows!  >:(

Not...the SOFT CUSHIONS!

That's almost as awful as...the COMFY CHAIR!

Egads!