Allow Me to Introduce Myself
Good Afternoon Children of God!

I wanted to stop by and introduce myself.  I am a fifty year old Catholic looking for a home where I can converse with like-minded individuals.  I think this could be the place.

I was born and raised Catholic but, due to a distinct lack of post-Vatican II catechesis and personal pride, I drifted away from the Church in the late 1980's.  I randomly attended various churches but didn’t formally join any of the protest denominations.  For all intents and purposes I was a sheep lost in the wilderness.

After a long search for the fullness of the Truth (all roads DO lead to Rome), I returned to the Faith only to find that the Church of Jesus Christ I grew up in was radically different. 

What happened in the past twenty-something years?  What did I miss?  I didn’t think I had been gone THAT long.  Sure, by 1990, the Communion rails were being removed and some people were now receiving the Holy Eucharist in the hand.  However, I was not prepared for the culture shock of walking into what I thought was a Roman Catholic Church only to find what amounted to little more than a beer hall - a low rumble of chatty conversation with men and women in various stages of undress.  Sure, I live in Florida but Bermuda shorts and mini-skirts!?!

With “malice toward none, with charity for all” I really tried to embrace the Novus Ordo Missae.  However, the more I read and researched the more errors I found in the way this parish practiced the Liturgy.  Perhaps it was just this one parish so I tried another.  Same thing.  I drove across town to another.  Again, the same thing.  If I wanted to spend my Sunday mornings holding hands and waving my appendages around in gesticulations that are not in the rubrics I might as well go on down to any one of our local nondescript, non-denominational “Big Box” churches for all of that Kumbayah.

My story does have a happy ending.  After a year or so of attending a Novus Ordo/Paul VI parish (with hands folded, eyes closed and teeth clenched) I finally found a parish that offers the Mass of Blessed John XXIII.  My life hasn’t been the same since.  What Beauty!  What Reverence!

Finally, I hope this doesn’t ruffle any feathers but I do not like cute labels (cradle Catholic, revert, “trad” ect.).  You'll also find that I tend to be a light-hearted curmudgeon.  I think I'll lose my lunch if I hear/read, "Welcome Home!" one more time!  After speaking to a very wise priest engaged in promoting the Traditional Latin Mass, I stopped trying to decide if I was either a “conservative” or “traditional” Catholic.  I am a Catholic in the Latin Rite Tradition … period … full stop.
Welcome!!
As-Salamu Alaykum
(He doesn't like "welcome")
Welcome to FE.  Have fun and watch out for stray bullets.    :)
(04-03-2012, 01:33 PM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote: As-Salamu Alaykum

"Welcome" is fine.  "Welcome HOME" is what I've grown tired of since coming back in full communion with the Church and sharing my journey with others.  :grin:
(04-03-2012, 01:50 PM)FLGreg Wrote:

"Welcome" is fine.  "Welcome HOME" is what I've grown tired of since coming back in full communion with the Church and sharing my journey with others.  :grin:
Did you just say "full communion"?
Full communion?
You did not say that!
And you don't like "Welcome home", but like "full communion"?!

I'm just pulling your chain!!!
Welcome to the tank!
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

And yet, the only person who has mentioned it is.... and yeah, you've said it twice.    Don't tire yourself out!  :grin:
(04-03-2012, 02:01 PM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote:

Did you just say "full communion"?
Full communion?
You did not say that!
And you don't like "Welcome home", but like "full communion"?!

I'm just pulling your chain!!!
Welcome to the tank!
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I know, I know. 

Old habits are hard to break and a poor choice of words considering where I am posting  :)    I think I am going to like this place.
You're a light hearted crumudgeon, that's a fine category in which we are a bit short . Plus you won't be challenging the cranky old men, like me. The moniker is good too. You won't get confused with Ggreg also. Howdy Hi, and toodle loo.

tim
Welcome to the tank!