Ancilla Domini
Age as of posting date: 24

Familial background: Traditional family, with a rather large extended family.

Patron Saint by Confirmation: St. Philomena

Number of children (e.g. born from: former valid marriage that ended in death of spouse; invalid marriage; past sins, etc.): None

Would you relocate if you met the right person?: Yes, without hesitation. My family moved around a lot when I was growing up, so I'm used to it, and I like seeing new places.

EF, SSPX, both, or other?: EF?

Novus Ordo if that's all there is?: I'd really rather not.

Introvert or extravert?: Mildly extroverted

Keirsey personality type: ENTJ

Ethnic heritage: English and German

Is meeting someone of like ethnicity very important to you, just a bonus, or unimportant?: Not at all.

Is there an ideal age range for the person you'd like to marry? How important is this?: It is important to me that a man be mature.

In what manner do you interpret the Church's approval of NFP?: I don't really understand it, to be honest.

What would the headship of the husband look like in your idea home?: I believe in complementarity, not equality. I would respect a man who is strong and decisive, who supports our family financially, who leads spiritually, who makes it possible for me to devote myself to our home and children, and who appreciates my femininity for what it is. 

How do you feel about women working outside the home?: I understand that it is sometimes necessary, but I believe that a woman's first responsibility is to her family and her home, and that is where I would prefer to be, at home.

How do you feel about women in trousers/pants?: I prefer skirts and dresses.

Of the seven deadly sins (pride, greed, gluttony, sloth, lust, anger, envy), which is the most challenging for you?:  Pride, the root of all the others.

What would others say are your annoying habits or bothersome attributes?: I can be overly sensitive sometimes and take things to heart when I shouldn't. I'm also very absent-minded.

What are the most important things you desire in a spouse?: Someone who is strong but also considerate, intelligent but not overly intellectual, moral but also fun-loving.

Things you absolutely would not tolerate in a potential spouse: Meanness, insulting language, vices such as gambling, alcoholism, or womanizing.

What, if anything, have you learned from past relationships with the opposite sex?: Things are not always what they seem.

Briefly describe past relationships: I consider that information private. I'll just say that I have nothing in my past to be ashamed of.

Political ideals: I just can't take an interest in politics.

Education: University.

Employment: I am a teacher.

Health: Generally good.

Allergies:  Seasonal.

Smoke?: No.

Drink?: Yes, always in moderation, but I do like cocktails, especially margaritas.

Night owl or morning lark?: Night owl.

Favorite color(s): Pink and white.

How messy or disorganized are you?: Very organized.

What makes you laugh?: Irony. A kitten chasing a moth.

What are the little things that please or delight you?: I confess I'm a sensualist. I love physical beauty, whether in people, places or things, and physical comfort; also good food, good music, a clever turn of phrase, and having time to relax and enjoy it all. 

What would you like to be doing in 10 years ideally? I would like to be happily married with a beautiful home and family.

If you continue on your present course and don't meet the person of your dreams, what do you think you actually will be doing, given your gifts and goals?: Teaching.

Intellectual interests: Foreign languages, literature, art, history

Hobbies: Cooking. I'm always trying something new. I especially like to explore different national and ethnic cuisines.

Talents, what are you good at?: I like to think I'm a good cook and a good dancer.

Top 5 Favourite books of all time: I could never pick just five! But in general I like 19th century romances.

The last 5 books you read (don't lie!): They were all for school. I haven't been able to read for pleasure in a  long time.

Music you actually listen to most often: Rock / pop.

Favourite movies/TV shows: I like all sorts of movies, but I don't have a TV.

Favourite foods: Anything spicy.

Serious pet peeves: Bad manners, being overly critical.

Pets you have, pets you desire, pets you'd put up with: I love animals, especially cats and horses. I'm afraid of dogs. Yes, even the little ones.

Where have you been?: All over the U.S., Europe, and Latin America.

Do you play an instrument?: Not really.

Idea of a romantic evening: Dinner, good conversation, a long walk, maybe dancing.

Why do you think you're still single?: Well, I hope it's because I'm only 24!
I think I match a lot of these, but the thing that would probably kill it is this:
(04-12-2012, 01:31 PM)Ancilla Domini Wrote: What are the most important things you desire in a spouse?: Someone who is strong but also considerate, intelligent but not overly intellectual, moral but also fun-loving.
:LOL:

I expect a lot of inquiries in here. Good luck!
(04-12-2012, 04:52 PM)philosafari Wrote: I think I match a lot of these, but the thing that would probably kill it is this:
(04-12-2012, 01:31 PM)Ancilla Domini Wrote: What are the most important things you desire in a spouse?: Someone who is strong but also considerate, intelligent but not overly intellectual, moral but also fun-loving.

I'm currently working through John of the Cross' Ascent of Mt. Carmel, Thomas More's Utopia, and Plato's Phaedo.  Do I count? :)
lol.  This gal doesn't even introduce herself.  Straight to the find a mate thread.

Good luck! 
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
Howdy !  Boys, I'm telling you guys not married yet this is a find, and she is pertyyyyy !.

tim
(04-12-2012, 05:22 PM)drummerboy Wrote:
(04-12-2012, 04:52 PM)philosafari Wrote: I think I match a lot of these, but the thing that would probably kill it is this:

I'm currently working through John of the Cross' Ascent of Mt. Carmel, Thomas More's Utopia, and Plato's Phaedo.  Do I count? :)

I don't know, drummerboy...  :LOL:
(04-12-2012, 06:17 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: lol.  This gal doesn't even introduce herself.  Straight to the find a mate thread.

Good luck! 

I'm sorry. I thought I had introduced myself, back when I joined the forum. I guess not...  :crazy:
(04-12-2012, 06:31 PM)Tim Wrote: Howdy !  Boys, I'm telling you guys not married yet this is a find, and she is pertyyyyy !.

tim

Thank you, Tim!  :)
I don't know... this one could be a troll  :sneaky:
(04-12-2012, 07:33 PM)tradne4163 Wrote: I don't know... this one could be a troll  :sneaky:

Wow! What did I do to deserve that?