National Review blasts SSPX
(04-16-2012, 02:15 PM)Adam Wayne Wrote: I don't know.

Do you think Joe Soebran was a Bircher?

To be honest, I've never heard of him. Time for google!
The point is the SSPX is right. Religious Liberty ala the Constitution is false. It's Masonic Protestant horsefeathers.

tim
(04-16-2012, 02:28 PM)Tim Wrote: The point is the SSPX is right. Religious Liberty ala the Constitution is false. It's Masonic Protestant horsefeathers.

tim

Yet without it, how strong with the Church be in the US?  Remember, we're in a Protestant sea here...
(04-16-2012, 02:33 PM)Pilgrim Wrote:
(04-16-2012, 02:28 PM)Tim Wrote: The point is the SSPX is right. Religious Liberty ala the Constitution is false. It's Masonic Protestant horsefeathers.

tim

Yet without it, how strong with the Church be in the US?  Remember, we're in a Protestant sea here...

We may use it here in the US, but the idea of Religious Liberty was condemned in the Syllabus. It is literally evil to believe in religious liberty.
(04-16-2012, 02:35 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: We may use it here in the US, but the idea of Religious Liberty was condemned in the Syllabus. It is literally evil to believe in religious liberty.

Sounds like throwing the baby out with the bathwater to me...

Look, let's be realistic here.  The dream of a truly Catholic nation is, barring some kind of miracle, dead.  The Church recognizes this, even if some trads don't.
Even if things are not ideal, religious liberty in and of itself is evil. The Church has consistently condemned it.

Whatever happens in the US doesn't okay it.
“They do not hesitate to put forward the view which is not only opposed to the Catholic Church, but very pernicious for the salvation of souls — an opinion which Gregory XVI, Our Predecessor, called absurd. This is the view that liberty of conscience and worship is the strict right of every man, a right which should be proclaimed and affirmed by law in every properly constituted state... When they rashly make these statements, they do not realize or recall to mind that they are advocating what St. Augustine calls a liberty of perdition” (Pope Pius IX, Quanta Cura).
The thing is we must believe this is heresy, while in the day to day we can ignore it here, with the view that someday we will convert all of them, through our efforts.

tim
(04-16-2012, 02:49 PM)Tim Wrote: The thing is we must believe this is heresy, while in the day to day we can ignore it here, with the view that someday we will convert all of them, through our efforts.

tim

Yeah, I'm not saying we have to leave the US or anything. We need to make the best of the situation we are in and work for the conversion of others.

The sspx doesn't believe ppl should be forced to accept the Catholic Faith do they?  I'm a bit confused about what they mean when they say they're against religious liberty.