A Traditional Personal Prelature?
If the SSPX is given a personal prelature will the FSSP, ICK, and other "independent" chapels which are now regularized be put under their care. Or will the Ecclesia Dei Group be really in charge of this prelature? So can we expect a prelature with Lefrvbrites, Feeneyites, Indultites and other charcters under this one crazy umbrella.
(04-22-2012, 09:21 PM)salus Wrote: If the SSPX is given a personal prelature will the FSSP, ICK, and other "independent" chapels which are now regularized be put under their care. Or will the Ecclesia Dei Group be really in charge of this prelature? So can we expect a prelature with Lefrvbrites, Feeneyites, Indultites and other charcters under this one crazy umbrella.

Feeneyites??  I wasn't aware they were in play with any Vatican "talks" and the like...  ???
The "Feeneyites" communities there are 4 of them "regularized " now  in Still River and New Hampshire would definitely fall under this umbrella since they have always retained the traditional latin mass in their chapels, they were fighting the modernists long before there was an SSPX.
I believe the New Hampshire "Feeneyite" group became "regularized" directly through talks with the Congregation for the Doctrine of Faith when Cardinal Ratzinger was in charge. I believe they made a few trips to Rome to meet with him. So Pope Benedict can find room for the Feeneyite position in his church, i'm sure the SSPX will be no problem.  to accomodate.
Maybe Bishop Fellay or Bishop Wlliamson  can make an ecumenical journey to Still River to say a Latin Mass, a sort of Assisi in America gesture  :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
(04-22-2012, 09:27 PM)salus Wrote: The "Feeneyites" communities there are 4 of them "regularized " now  in Still River and New Hampshire would definitely fall under this umbrella since they have always retained the traditional latin mass in their chapels, they were fighting the modernists long before there was an SSPX.

(04-22-2012, 09:32 PM)salus Wrote: I believe the New Hampshire "Feeneyite" group became "regularized" directly through talks with the Congregation for the Doctrine of Faith when Cardinal Ratzinger was in charge. I believe they made a few trips to Rome to meet with him. So Pope Benedict can find room for the Feeneyite position in his church, i'm sure the SSPX will be no problem.  to accomodate.

Was totally ignorant of this.  Thanks for the info, salus... although getting back to your original question, I don't see why there would be a kind of integration of traditionalist organizations into one hodgepodge entity.  Each org has acquired its own characteristics... I'd imagine that combining them all wouldn't make any one of them happy...

...of course, a little thing like "logic" hasn't kept people in the Vatican from doing irrational things before, but I digress  :grin:

And in my own humble opinion (remember:  grain of salt here), I do think Ecclesia Dei will be the ones calling the shots if/when regularization(s) are finalized.
(04-22-2012, 09:38 PM)salus Wrote: Maybe Bishop Fellay or Bishop Wlliamson  can make an ecumenical journey to Still River to say a Latin Mass, a sort of Assisi in America gesture  :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

WOW.
...............................of course the 2 Bishops (Fellay&Williamson) must be in union (Officially) with Rome before they can say mass in Still River because as Father Feeney would remind you Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus    :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Salus, you're killing me !
:grin:

tim
You know, I don't think they would, because the ICRSS and FSSP are Societies of Apostolic Life by Pontifical right. Were the SSPX to be created as a Personal prelature, I think the FSSP and ICRSS would remain as Societies of Apostlic Life, unless they became SAL's under the prelature.

As for the Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary (Feeneyites), I think they would be under the same circumstances as the ICRSS and FSSP.

But I could be completely and utterly wrong. So wrong, in fact, I might regret writing this post if I am, but I'll take the chance and pray I'm right.