Lisa, where art thou?
Lisa, welcome back!  :grin:
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
(05-03-2012, 07:25 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: Si, si, si, si! Great voice and great solos by the players. Great quality video.
And she sings in her barefeets. My kind of girl. Thanks, Vetus!

I knew you'd like her! You can listen to some more of her here:

(05-03-2012, 07:25 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: This one's for you and all my FE friends. Carole King with Celine Dion, Gloria Estefan, and Shania Twain.

A timeless classic.
That girl can sing!

I wasn't expecting an American soulful voice from a Portuguese.
(05-03-2012, 08:09 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: I wasn't expecting an American soulful voice from a Portuguese.

We're a talented people!
(05-03-2012, 08:24 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(05-03-2012, 08:09 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: I wasn't expecting an American soulful voice from a Portuguese.

We're a talented people!

Indeed!

She surprised almost Christina Aguilera style. I just didn't expect that type of voice (essentially without an accent) from her. Soulful voices are a gift.
In fact, many of us can speak English with a British or an American accent perfectly well.

We're not liguistically challenged like the Spanish, French or Italians.
(05-03-2012, 08:34 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: In fact, many of us can speak English with a British or an American accent perfectly well.

We're not liguistically challenged like the Spanish, French or Italians.

Does English come easy for your people? Even Scandinavians have a slight accent.
(05-03-2012, 08:41 PM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: Does English come easy for your people? Even Scandinavians have a slight accent.

For most people, yes, especially the younger generations. Some have a slight accent but many can speak it like it should be spoken.

The vast influence of British and American culture (music, tv, movies) and the internet has made it all pretty easy for anyone willing to learn the language. In my father's generation (1950's) French was still the predominant foreign tongue but English was already starting to supplant it. My own dad always spoke much better English than French, besides being an Anglophile like myself. And my first contact with English came with him. Curiously, his flair for the English language was nutured by a Jesuit priest who was his teacher in school and, surprisingly, also an enthusiastic Beatles' fan!
(05-03-2012, 07:25 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: Si, si, si, si! Great voice and great solos by the players. Great quality video.
And she sings in her barefeets. My kind of girl. Thanks, Vetus!

She's cute, too  :)
Love the Witch Song. Love the whole orchestra. Her lack of accent is really impressive.

I found the following on YouTube. If I heard this voice on the radio, I'd think I was listening to the new Aretha Franklin, a new amazing American soul singer.  She has a real stage presence too. A certain class.

[video=youtube]fdLjBsSgTWk[/video]