Dizziness
I have a problem with chronic dizziness.  Have others had experience with that?

It's not that bad, and only happens once or twice a month, but sometimes for a couple of days in a row.  So far I have had one accident because of it (well, someone backed into me but I couldn't see and I probably practically hit their car before they backed up.  I was driving across the street to my condo, after resting, and thought I could make it that far! Months later my own insurance company is still fighting the deductible I had to pay - they don't know I was dizzy). I've also had to stop the car and have a total stranger drive my car for 200 yards because I just couldn't see to get to my destination.  I've also missed meetings and the like because of it.  It is a real nuisance and dangerous (and it really stresses me out). I'm not working and think it could be a real problem when I do.

Here are the treatments and tests I've had:
- General Practitioner - thought it was vertigo, gave me exercises, and sent me to Head and Neck Surgery
- Head and Neck Surgery - said it wasn't vertigo because the symptoms were different, and stopped the exercises.  Back to GP, who sent me to Neurology

- Neurology ideas (this past Weds)
*  may be problem in the same family as a migraine (even though I don't have headaches or light sensitivity).  Said I should try Excedrin Migraine (haven't yet)

*  may be (most likely) ongoing problem due to breaking my back and neck 5 years ago.  Doctor said there is nothing they can do for that. I have had the dizziness starting with that accident so unfortunately it is the likely cause. (Fortunately other than the dizziness  I've been doing fine since the accident.)

*  A MRI will be the next test (just in case, no problems expected)

Symptoms - no spinning around, just a general "washing down"  of everything I see and some double vision.  I can barely see. (I once had to carefully pick out phone buttons to call my Mom and ask her to use the phone book and call a number I couldn't read at home.)  (I do see well enough to carefully make meals) Gets worse when background is changing (moving through grocery aisles or driving).

I usually go to my Mom's house on Sunday, but I'm staying home today because of a little dizziness.  I'm paranoid about driving... Mass is at 4PM and I think I will go, as it is only 10 min. from my condo, and I am feeling better. ( I made it to Church, but was dizzy afterward, rested in my car, and drove home gingerly, but OK)

Has anyone had similar problems with dizziness? How do you deal with it?
Not yet, but here's a Hail Mary for you.  :pray2:
I recommend chiropractic care, especially if you've had a serious accident. Don't just pick one out of a phone book though, some are much better than others. It's worth getting local input and putting in the effort to find a good one. I prefer those who use the activator over manual adjustments and if they have a wholistic approach and work with other professionals such as massage therapists, it's usually a good sign.

Another thought is to see an ENT. Inner ear problems can cause dizziness/vertigo. Something that may reinforce this as a possibility is the inability to process changing backgrounds. If your inner ear(s) is functioning less, it puts more of your balance dependence on visual than usual, your eyes have to compensate, and they get easily overwhelmed by movement.

Allergies can cause dizziness as well. Either as a direct symptom or because alleriges irritate inner ears.

Low or unstable blood sugar.

Maybe look into a magnesium deficiency as well.

It's good you are ruling out the big stuff with the docs. Dizziness can be a really tough one to pin down though, I hope you find an answer soon and it doesn't drag on for you. If it gets out of hand you can get a prescription for ativan or whatever the doc recommends to help ease it for the moment. You really won't be able to drive though lol.
I'd recommend against chiropractors.  But that's just me. 

Excedrin Migraine has lots of caffeine in it.  I mean, a lot.  My advice is don't take them on an empty stomach and don't make a habit out of it or you'll get severe withdrawal symptoms if you try to stop taking them. 

My doc thought I had migraines.  Got an MRI and a CAT scan, but nothing unusual.  Went to a neurologist and he said it was tension headaches.  He gave me Propranolol.  Seems to be working, but I had headaches not dizziness.   
I'd second what "wallflower" said about magnesium deficiency. From what I've read about it since I got zapped with Type 2 Diabetes, Magnesium Citrate is a form of magnesium the body absorbs most readily. The national vitamin chain called The Vitamin Shoppe sells this in capsule form. Try their website to see if they have a branch in your area.

Hope this helps.  :)
You might be surprised, but have you considered what you're eating is causing it?

I know that dizziness can be a symptom of coeliacs and gluten intolerance, as well as lactose intolerance. Have you had an allergy test as well? Sometimes things may seem like they're physical or psychological, but it's food instead.

I'm praying for you though!
One other thing to look at is your water intake.  Dehydration can cause dizziness and would only be made worse by a solid dose of migraine meds (caffeine is a diuretic).
Oh and a magnesium deficiency can also cause leg cramps.  Do you have any?  Do you happen to crave berries or chocolate - these are both high in magnesium.
Are you on any prescriptions meds now?  It could be a side effect... .
Do you suffer from allergy related congestion? When my husband goes off Claritin, he gets vertigo due to fluid build up in the inner ear.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.