Amazing Photos Show What the World Really Eats
(05-09-2012, 01:10 PM)WesternWarrior Wrote:
(05-09-2012, 07:57 AM)Habitual_Ritual Wrote: Check out the Weston A Price Foundation
That's who produced the video I posted.

...but raw meat?  Really?
Chad depressed me
(04-30-2012, 07:19 AM)Habitual_Ritual Wrote: "What do you and your family eat each week? You may be shocked to see the significant variation even between relatively ‘similar’ nations when it comes to diet. While many families within the United States and Mexico include fast food and soda into the core of their nutritional program, families from nations like Bhutan survive off of traditional base food items like vegetables and grains. It is easy to see why disease rates are skyrocketing in many developed countries, where nutrition is not held to a very high regard."

Photos in link:

http://www.prisonplanet.com/amazing-phot...-eats.html

Love the Italian famiy with three children.  They must have searched hard to find such a large family there.
(05-07-2012, 12:08 PM)TraditionalistThomas Wrote: That section on China is rubbish. China is communist, as a result they have terrible food quality and variation. Unless it was referring to Hong Kong of course, which accounts for probably 0.5% of the Chinese people.

Agreed. Most of those foods probably are comprised of plastic.
(05-07-2012, 12:08 PM)TraditionalistThomas Wrote: That section on China is rubbish. China is communist, as a result they have terrible food quality and variation. Unless it was referring to Hong Kong of course, which accounts for probably 0.5% of the Chinese people.

Being a communist nation does not necessitate having terrible food quality and variation. Now, this particular family may represent a minority in China (or it may not--I don't know, and I have no reason to assume that you know), but I highly doubt that the average Chinese person spends his days wallowing in shit and eating rice.
Apart from a few periods the food in Russia was pretty good. Since there was no profit motive they did not add sugar, MSG or transfats.

Not excellent but acceptable.

Also remember that under communism people worked less hard so had more time to grow their own get and cook from scratch.
(06-09-2012, 08:27 PM)Beardly Wrote:

Being a communist nation does not necessitate having terrible food quality and variation. Now, this particular family may represent a minority in China (or it may not--I don't know, and I have no reason to assume that you know), but I highly doubt that the average Chinese person spends his days wallowing in shit and eating rice.

Perhaps not, but you never know if the food you're eating is safe.

Fake, plastic rice distributed to villagers:
http://www.naturalnews.com/031344_plastic_rice.html

China is known for its fake, counterfeit products. Why wouldn't this extend also to food?

Chinese jerky treats for pets linked to illnesses:
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/chinese-pe...9T0rdXY_AE

Perhaps this doesn't count for much. But as someone who has relatives in S.E. Asia, I've heard horror stories about how S.E. Asian countries are fearful that dangerous products (food, among other things) are being imported into their countries from China.
(05-09-2012, 03:36 AM)Hawaii Five-0 Wrote: Why is it that every time I see a picture of these poor people in Africa they have absolutely beautiful teeth?  If they were on the western flouride and twinkie diet that would fix em up.

I suspect it is because they have very dark skin.

Look at people with such skin elsewhere. Their teeth, unless in horrible condition, invariably look like they are glowing white.

It is contrast. Look at women with deep red lipstick too. Same effect.
(06-10-2012, 03:30 PM)Axona Wrote:
(06-09-2012, 08:27 PM)Beardly Wrote:

Perhaps not, but you never know if the food you're eating is safe.

China is known for its fake, counterfeit products. Why wouldn't this extend also to food?

Because people need food to live.

China has severe issues with pollution of major water and food sources, the air, and poor quality, however, as a whole, people are not experiencing the worst any more than anybody else does.

North Korea on the other hand...

(06-10-2012, 01:04 AM)ggreg Wrote: Apart from a few periods the food in Russia was pretty good. Since there was no profit motive they did not add sugar, MSG or transfats.

Not excellent but acceptable.

Also remember that under communism people worked less hard so had more time to grow their own get and cook from scratch.

Also, "food" is actually a basic concept. Simple food which is nutritionally sufficient may look different, not a bunch of wrappers, bags, and bottles, but that does not mean it is not enough.