Elderly woman attacked by people of tolerance
(05-03-2012, 06:56 PM)Melkite Wrote:
(05-03-2012, 10:21 AM)Richard C Wrote: Charity is a supernatural gift. It's hard to receive it when the avenues of grace are closed by grave sin. It was after reading the hateful comments of pro-same-sex marriage advocates last year that I began to realize how helpless and fallible we are without God's grace.

Bs.  Charity isn't a supernatural gift.  It's something everybody has the capacity for, or God couldn't require it from us.  I've been in a probably state of grave sin for about 3 years or so no, and I don't have any trouble being compassionate or charitable to people I disagree with.

I don't know about that.  Charity is a very specific type of love, it's God's love.  Completely selfless and giving, only concerned with the good.  In our fallen and corrupted nature, the charity we usually think we have is more convenient love, or the ability to be useful.  It's not *actually* charity.  I'm pretty sure Rich is right.  But I'm happy to be corrected on that one.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
When i originally posted the link to that video i could have sworn it had over 1100 views which is one of the reasons i thought it so strange that there were only 2 comments. After all - 2 comments for 200 views would be a bit strange given the nature of the video but not that incredible.

There wouldn't be much point taking note of the number of comments if one didn't also take note of the number of overall views seeing as they're very much relative to eachother. And if the number of views had been only 200ish i think i would have commented on that also considering the video is 3 1/2 years old.

I'm not infallible, and i wouldn't bet my life on it, but i would bet money on it.

Just sayin...
Here's the real video: