priestly orders & the Latin Mass
I just feel so good, I had to post. You see, I just contradicted the Brother over on CAF. I've wanted to do that for years & I hope I'm not violating any of our rules. It's simply that he's SO against the Latin Mass. On this particular thread he explained & re-explained why certain orders of priests just couldn't allow it. Boy, that's not how I learned my Catechism. I was taught that if the POPE, the Vicar of Christ, said "this is what I want", that's what happened........ & the heads of all of the orders obeyed.

Oh well, we'll see how long my post stays.:Hmm: :Hmm:
:clap: Congratulations!  Can you give us a hint on the name of the thread so we can read it?
(05-09-2012, 05:39 PM)JoniCath Wrote: I just feel so good, I had to post. You see, I just contradicted the Brother over on CAF. I've wanted to do that for years & I hope I'm not violating any of our rules. It's simply that he's SO against the Latin Mass. On this particular thread he explained & re-explained why certain orders of priests just couldn't allow it. Boy, that's not how I learned my Catechism. I was taught that if the POPE, the Vicar of Christ, said "this is what I want", that's what happened........ & the heads of all of the orders obeyed.

Oh well, we'll see how long my post stays.:Hmm: :Hmm:

Yeah, I did the same to my Ordinary years ago after he told me that he could not allow the Sacraments in Latin (other than a very limited TLM) because his Priest's Council had forbidden it! :LOL: I respectfully wrote that I had obviously been badly catechised because I thought authority over the Sacraments in the Church came from the Pope, delegated to the Bishops, who delegated theirs to their Priests, not the other way around. :)
(05-09-2012, 05:50 PM)Might_4_Right Wrote: :clap: Congratulations!  Can you give us a hint on the name of the thread so we can read it?

Yes. It's in the Traditional section & the name of the thread is "Bishops banning the Latin Mass". I posted again this morning, but I'm done. I get too angry when I read CAF.  >:(